• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

EVGA RTX 2080Ti KINGPIN HYBRID AVAILABLE FROM OcUK !!

Soldato
But with more than twice the memory, a few more of all the different processor units and cores, and room for overclocking itself... I know where my money would go. Each to their own I guess.

Even with the Titan RTX on a custom loop - the Kingpin 2080ti is still faster.

The Titan RTX only becomes faster if you do a shunt mod to let it draw more power and that's the crux of the problem - the kingpin 2080ti has a good cooler, every component is binned and it's bios lets you draw 500w without physical mods. The Titan RTX just can't compete

Gibbo said:
Only £1,889.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

:eek::eek::eek: DiNG DonG...

I can build a decent gaming rig for that, but is it so wrong that I still want one.

Maybe I could cloud fund it.
Ok chaps... hand over the cash, my needs are greater than yours lol.
:p

That's a very competitive price, I might buy a couple for my Z97 board.

Hopefully I can find a buyer for my left kidney.

I think you may need to sell more body parts than that m8.
You don't need legs right?

Last edited:
Soldato
Don’t feel bad mate

You can buy 20 Toyota Corollas for the price of one Ferrari but don’t feel bad for wanting the Ferrari

Man of Honour
The KP card will easily out perform a Titan RTX, as the whole card is designed for Overclocking. On Turning cards, you are limited by the amount of power you can use as the normal stock cards vary from 250W to 377W depending on make and model which is BIOS locked.

No it won't.

Give an RTX Titan the water treatment and tweak the bios and it is a none contest.

I have seen the figures Kingpin himself got from a tweaked version of one of his own cards and it was not much better than some of the 2080 Ti cards that forum members here have managed.

Having said that the Kingpin 2080 Ti although expensive is still quite a bit cheaper than an RTX Titan.

Soldato
No it won't.

Give an RTX Titan the water treatment and tweak the bios and it is a none contest.

I have seen the figures Kingpin himself got from a tweaked version of one of his own cards and it was not much better than some of the 2080 Ti cards that forum members here have managed.

Having said that the Kingpin 2080 Ti although expensive is still quite a bit cheaper than an RTX Titan.

I haven’t seen proof but I’ve read of one or two owners claim they pushed their kingpins to over 2300mhz on water.
I have yet to see another 2080ti manage that without mods to the card and bios

Associate
Gigabyte & Inno3D have pretty much the same card for around £320 & £500 less respectfully. When you say it like that it almost makes you think they must be good value for money :)

It was bad enough when they first came out at £1000-£1300 and despite been out nearly a year they have not budged in price a bit. They just released slightly tweaked models at ever increasingly outrageous prices. Despite from Day 1 pretty much every customer/potential customer and pretty every review site just said "Rip off!" at the bog standard £1,000 mark.

Also its fascinating how on previous top tier cards the best models would cost an additional £100-£300 over other models for upgrades to cooling, circuitry etc Yet similar upgrades on these new RTX2080ti cards now suddenly cost £500-£800 to implement. "Yeah, that AIO that cost us £200 to put on the last card now costs £500 to put on the new card....yeah...im sticking to this story". Absolute treating customers like mugs.

Previous GTX980ti Kingpin additons ranged from $850-$1,050 depending on ASICS.
Previous GTX1080ti Kingpin $1,000.
Now its $2,000+ cause it has an AIO.

Interesting just checking the reviews of the GTX1080ti Kingpin on a competitor site, of the 3 reviews, 2 complained, 1 stated it couldnt hold the advertised clocks and other stated wasent a great overclocker and was bad quality. Paying purely on name like a fashion brand

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I haven’t seen proof but I’ve read of one or two owners claim they pushed their kingpins to over 2300mhz on water.
I have yet to see another 2080ti manage that without mods to the card and bios

Most I have seen is about 2200mhz on the core and that was Vince himself running one he had modified.

Associate
The KP card will easily out perform a Titan RTX, as the whole card is designed for Overclocking. On Turning cards, you are limited by the amount of power you can use as the normal stock cards vary from 250W to 377W depending on make and model which is BIOS locked.

A lot of people choosing between them would hard-mod their Titans for power, though. Then again, you do lose your warranty on a £2.5k part, whereas EVGA give you the power out of the box (and the best warranty anyway). Plus of course a PCB well suited for LN2 (though I suspect that part of is less value to people here; I know I'm only interested in 24/7 clocks).

Associate
Most I have seen is about 2200mhz on the core and that was Vince himself running one he had modified.

Indeed, most I've seen is 2200mhz and that includes the samples that EVGA were showing on streams and the like. I don't doubt it can spike over that on boost clock but 2200mhz seems to be about the ceiling where it settles. There are people on the forum who have that with other 2080Tis - but then again, I suppose you are essentially paying for some binning and therefore (as high as it may seem) £1800 isn't totally outrageous for what you get. After all we've had plenty of 2080Tis that cost close to that while offering mostly aesthetic benefits. At least this is throwing in the best 2080Ti PCB (assuming it beats the HOF OC Labs PCB, which I think it narrowly would).

I still think a modded Titan is a safer bet for 24/7 gaming performance, assuming you're willing to throw away your warranty.

Soldato
Once you power mod one you may as well the other though - and going by 3d mark hall of fame the 2080ti and Titan RTX performs identical.

Those 2200mhz kingpins- is this with the 500w bios loaded?

Soldato
Remember when the top models of a card were only 20% higher than the regular AIB models, now its double the price :eek:

1080ti Fe launch price $699
Kingpin hydro 1080ti launch price $1250 (this still requires a loop, it has no pump or radiator)

80% price jump and it's a lesser product than the 2080ti kingpin is

Doesn't look like price structure has changed?

OcUK Staff
OP
For LN2 it is the card to use but for gaming you will hardly notice the difference compared to any other 2080 Ti.

This the KFA2 2080Ti at under £1000 on our site will game just as well.

These are top tier, limited volumes high-end product, they always carry a huge premium which a few select are happy to pay. The majority looking for a 2080Ti will just buy a regular card for around a grand for sale results in gaming.

Back
Top Bottom