****EVH's house building thread****

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 651465
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moar!

img9919b.jpg

Light for the master bedroom from Next. You need an open design for the lampshade when you're rocking 11W energy saving bulbs! :D

img9918tc.jpg

I decided to replace the swivel bracket in the master bedroom as the TV was sitting too far from the wall for my liking. Totally my own fault for buying cheap, but thankfully it was a quick fix. This bracket was the only slim swivel I could find, but it's rated to 40".

img9920.jpg

img9924o.jpg

img9923i.jpg

A lot of the towels and furnishings we have for the house are gifts from our wedding that we haven't opened yet. Laundry basket and towels from John Lewis, the mirror was cut to shape in work, as it goes from the basin to the ceiling.

Both the ensuite and the downstairs toilet have similar mirrors that were made. Excuse the filler behind the sink in the ensuite, this picture was taken before I finished rubbing it down. The house of mirrors is there to freak guests out.

img9928ns.jpg

img9944f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Theme in the kitchen is red. Here's a proper shot of the fridge and the various appliances and furnishings. The double sofa at the far end of the kitchen faces a TV, which will be used as a snug. The sofa isn't as light at it seems in the picture.

img9907x.jpg

img9904x.jpg

img9906j.jpg

img9934c.jpg

img9950h.jpg

img9929n.jpg

Also replaced, was the "universal" bracket in the living room.

Turns out a 60" Pioneer isn't suitable, which meant ripping the bracket off and putting my official Pioneer bracket up. Not sure what's going to happen if the TV ever dies! The TV is mounted dead centre of the room, and actually runs eye level when sitting down. Nice.

When I get the AV amp the speaker bar on the TV will be removed. The sofas are from "the sales" at DFS.

img9894l.jpg

img9937o.jpg

img9943e.jpg

img9941s.jpg

img9938r.jpg

img9939b.jpg

img9897h.jpg

img9940.jpg

I don't pick these colour schemes, but we seem to have Fuchsia, white and grey in the living room :o

The last shot shows the underfloor heating keypad, set to "day" mode at 20 degrees.

img9902d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Able to take some shots further back, so that we can see how the rooms look in full? :)

I'm limited by the point and shoot camera's rubbish lense. When I get the internet in the house, I'll record some 1080p walkthrough videos :)

Also, thanks to the kind mod who edited the thread title!

Well done for spending the extra cash on underfloor heating... it really is so much better than conventional radiators :) (I'm envious!). Any pictures of the boiler/plumbing? :p.

Edit: Never mind I saw the boiler by going back some pages... Baxi DuoTec/Platinum? (same boiler, different warranty). Were you not tempted to go for a conventional boiler with an unvented cylinder for better hot water performance?

Last edited:
wow that is amazing

congratulations on your new home - the whole office here has been actively watching your thread and we are all impressed and inspired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom