EVO Series Nano IPS screens

Soldato
Following some information brought up, I suggest not rushing into pre ordering any of these units., please read the entire thread first and research into evo.

I found these on reddit, they seem to be slightly above the competition.

Due to be released in Feb 2021.

They have 1440p and 4k versions of their panels, they use Nano IPS according to reddit.

https://evedevices.com/pages/full-specs

Both versions have sRGB emulation.
4k version has hdmi 2.1 instead of 2.0. (meaning can get 10bit colours with 4:4:4 at 4k).
There is also a 1440p version which includes HDR600.
Finally the stand is optional, so if you have own stand/wall mount, you can remove it to take a chunk of the price.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It says 8bit+frc on spec sheet. Which is same as the LG and Dell screens. (those are 8bit+frc but not honest enough to put on spec sheet).

Color depth 10-bit (8-bit + A-FRC)

You wont get native 10bit for under £400

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The specs and concept look impressive but if you read around you will find a lot of disgruntled people who have invested and pre ordered before and been let down. They don’t appear to have a great reputation for delivering. It will be interesting to see if these appear as advertised and as promised to everyone who pre ordered I think

Man of Honour
It says 8bit+frc on spec sheet. Which is same as the LG and Dell screens. (those are 8bit+frc but not honest enough to put on spec sheet)

You wont get native 10bit for under £400

which won’t matter to 99% of users. As long as the FRC algorithm is decent you’d be very hard pressed to see any difference in practice, especially for intended uses of this screen which are clearly not aimed at professional users anyway

Associate
Looking at the trust pilot reviews alone for this company, alarm bells are ringing...

EDIT Infact I'd consider removing your post

Last edited:
Associate
The specs and concept look impressive but if you read around you will find a lot of disgruntled people who have invested and pre ordered before and been let down. They don’t appear to have a great reputation for delivering. It will be interesting to see if these appear as advertised and as promised to everyone who pre ordered I think
++
The pinned post at the top of /r/Monitors says it all really :confused::rolleyes: "Discussion of Eve Spectrum products has been banned due to vote manipulation"
https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/jt0bop/discussion_of_eve_spectrum_products_has_been/

Soldato
When we can't even find LG's own 27GN950 from shops anywhere with in stock dates keeping marching forward, it's pretty certain that Eve won't be getting much of those 4K panels from LG.

Soldato
OP
which won’t matter to 99% of users. As long as the FRC algorithm is decent you’d be very hard pressed to see any difference in practice, especially for intended uses of this screen which are clearly not aimed at professional users anyway

I agree it wont matter, but was just clarifying as he/she thought it was an 8bit panel.

The stories on people getting burnt pre ordering EVO hardware are a concern though. Sadly they do state if you wait until its released the prices will be higher.

Soldato
OP
Looking at the trust pilot reviews alone for this company, alarm bells are ringing...

EDIT Infact I'd consider removing your post

Dont think I can remove my own post, but staff are free to remove it with no ill feeling from me, looking at all the bad vibes, it seems I should have done more research before posting the thread.

Man of Honour
Dont think I can remove my own post, but staff are free to remove it with no ill feeling from me, looking at all the bad vibes, it seems I should have done more research before posting the thread.
I don’t see any reason to remove this thread at the moment. It probably serves as fair warning to those who might be considering these screens right now.

Soldato
OP
Linus video here, not good news.

Also his comment at end is quite telling, which for those who dont have time to watch was along the lines of why were they so desperate to send me a not ready product (funding issues?).

Man of Honour
Jeez that is horrible. There wasn’t a single thing that worked it seemed. Broken OSD controller, crashing firmware, random blue screen/blanking, overdrive didn’t work, no blur reduction working, backlight dimming on even when disabled, random split down the middle of the screen (what have they done there?!), Gsync not detected, powering laptop didn’t work, crap calibration and poor colours.

And those were all mostly things NOT on the list of unfinished bits from Eve when they sent it to them! That sample had a Dec 2020 production date and it’s supposed to ship in Feb 2021. I’d be terrified if I’d preordered that!!

It really doesn’t say much for their testing and development if they are willing to send out a sample to a major YouTube influencer which has so many blatant flaws, and flaws which clearly their own teams failed to notice and pick up! (Or they would surely not have sent it or would have pre warned Linus on those parts too)

these are going to be a disaster IMO

Caporegime
Given that they only seem to have a history of disastrous product "launches", unfulfilled orders, and angry customers, I'm not sure why you'd even take them seriously.

Surely a company has to execute at least one successful product launch to consider giving them $400 or whatever.

"Too good to be true," and all that.

Back
Top Bottom