Excal Expertise Needed

Associate
Hello,

See attached sheet.

Two lists of names and dates. Need to compare the two lists and output any differences. Suppose it would be useful to see matches as well.

Im thinking VLOOKUP but have no idea how to use it :(

Please help

Spreadsheet

Last edited:
Associate
to use a vlookup

=vlookup("Cell that you want to find","table you are looking in","what column you want to output","close match or exact match")

so

Vlookup(A1,C1:E100,2,false)

will look for thwe value in cell a1 in the table that is in cells C1:E100 and will output the value in the second column in the table (column D) and only if its an exact match.

I cant seem to open your spreadsheet to check if thats what you need though.

Associate
OP
to use a vlookup

=vlookup("Cell that you want to find","table you are looking in","what column you want to output","close match or exact match")

so

will look for thwe value in cell a1 in the table that is in cells C1:E100 and will output the value in the second column in the table (column D) and only if its an exact match.

Thanks

try this, was in 2007, now in 2003

Spreadsheet

Soldato
to use a vlookup

so

excel guru strikes again!!

Malakite mind me asking what you do? or where you learnt excel? wish i knew excel...!

Associate
excel guru strikes again!!

Malakite mind me asking what you do? or where you learnt excel? wish i knew excel...!

lol

I work as a Management Information Analyst, so my day is spent collating and reporting large amounts of information, so I build a lot of large spreadsheets.

As for learning excel i''ve just picked things up really from using it so much.

Soldato
lol

I work as a Management Information Analyst, so my day is spent collating and reporting large amounts of information, so I build a lot of large spreadsheets.

As for learning excel i''ve just picked things up really from using it so much.

nice! best way to learn tbh!

Top Bottom