Excel - Can it be done without VBA?

Soldato
I'm trying to create an example tool in Excel and can't work out how to get it to do what i want and i think VBA may be required but i'm not great with it.

Heres a screenshot of the base file.

I have a monthly period. With a set of parameters on the left

Review Period
Lead Time

I have done a formula, not very clever but it works and my brain isn't functioning to do it better. Which says if the review period is every x months then stick an "R" into the review row.

qMASoE4.png

I then say that

-Opening stock - is based on a predetermined figure to start and then equals the previous months closing stock.
-Issues in Month - is entered as forecasted
-Receipt in Month <---What my issue is with
-Closing Stock - is the sum of the above
-Order Placed - this says if the top row = "R" then calculate "Max Value" less "Closing Stock"

What i am trying to do is factor in the lead time for the "Receipt in Month" row. To say if i say an order is placed, then in x number of months enter the order into the receipt field. I know in VBA you can move the cursor around a specific number of cells and paste data but that doesn't feel like the right solution.

As mentioned i'm tired and not slept a lot so i'm happy to accept i've not set this form up very well.

I suppose using my parameters of 3 monthly review and 1 month lead time i'd expect it to look as follows
lqYxfsu.png

File here
http://www.filedropper.com/13examplemin-max20170313-mt

Any help would be much appreciated.

EDIT - I'm now wondering if i can use Index/Match to get it to do this but using the Lead Time to specify the row i want to pull data from.....or i'm clutching at straws and should just go to bed!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well i've got something working. Have used the Offset function, which i guess is what i was getting at with VBA

=IFERROR(OFFSET(I7,4,-$B$3)*1,0)

Then looked 4 rows down and then used the column reference to be -"whatever is in Lead Time"

Because it then pulled in "Review to Order" depending on the entry i had to multiply by 1 and use an iferror.

An absolutely shocking workaround which i'm sure you'll cringe at but it'll do for the time being!

Back
Top Bottom