Exchange question.

Associate
Hey, I currently live in Fuerteventura (Canary Island) I live between 2 exchanges and currently have like 60db+ Attenuation, is it possible for my ISP to move me to the other exchange as I think it is a lot closer than the current 1 I'm connected to.

Don
Your ISP won't be able to do anything, however your voice provider might. Contact them as a first point of call, but I wouldn't hold your breath (and it might not improve anything anyway if you are equidistant from them both).

Associate
You wont be able to change this. The line will of been placed underground to your home years ago most likely. Unless by some weird bit of luck they ran a line to both exchanges. . . . Sorry. My parents have the same problem. There is an extra about 1km down the road from their house, but for some odd reason the cable is tracked back to an exchange 6.4km away. They have 1mbit internet and that often disconnects due to line quality.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Ah ok, was worth asking anyway, Yeah I have the same problem, I'm pretty sure the other exchange is a lot closer as I've done speed tests and such from a local internet cafe and they seem to get a lot better speeds than me.

Atm I can only sync at max 3000Kbps from a max of 10meg.

Back
Top Bottom