Executive chair

Associate
Hi all,

I am considering a good quality 'executive' chair for work and gaming. I would like to go for this type of chair rather than a purely ergonomic chair as they are more comfortable/nicer to relax in. However, it would be nice to find one which also provides a basic degree of ergonomics too.

I am currently considering this:

https://www.ryman.co.uk/eliza-tinsl...0HtP2nNAfxLsavZapRxOsCI2IwhPOrOxoCrR0QAvD_BwE

I also want to buy these replacement casters so that I can move the chair easily on the hardwood floor in my home office:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01G643EU6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2OAJ7377F756P&psc=1

My budget is up to £300. Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated - not too keen on black, any other colour/material is fine though.

Thank you.

Associate
Have you tried a Herman Miller Aeron? Because I swear, once you go there (and you can get good ones for under £400) you won't want to go back. They are the ultimate in comfort, if not lounging.

Associate
Hi all,

I am considering a good quality 'executive' chair for work and gaming. I would like to go for this type of chair rather than a purely ergonomic chair as they are more comfortable/nicer to relax in. However, it would be nice to find one which also provides a basic degree of ergonomics too.

I am currently considering this:

https://www.ryman.co.uk/eliza-tinsl...0HtP2nNAfxLsavZapRxOsCI2IwhPOrOxoCrR0QAvD_BwE

I also want to buy these replacement casters so that I can move the chair easily on the hardwood floor in my home office:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01G643EU6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2OAJ7377F756P&psc=1

My budget is up to £300. Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated - not too keen on black, any other colour/material is fine though.

Thank you.
i just took delivery of this one..

https://www.ryman.co.uk/marley-ergonomic-executive-chair-1

And i am very pleased with it as a work and game chair, great for leaning back at watching a movie too.

Associate
Have you tried a Herman Miller Aeron? Because I swear, once you go there (and you can get good ones for under £400) you won't want to go back. They are the ultimate in comfort, if not lounging.
not sure if i can ask this on the OC forums, but as they dont sell Aerons, any ideas where is a good place to get a second hand Aeron? ideally somewhere i can view and test before buying?

Soldato
any ideas where is a good place to get a second hand Aeron? ideally somewhere i can view and test before buying?

Not sure if you can try it out first though.

Associate
Should'nt you be thinking of upgrading your PC?? before you get a Chair, looking at your CPU specs theere abit out dated:p I mean the Intel I7-2600K is a Beast of a CPU. ive kept my system as a spare PC for the boy to play & learnt with. Clocked at 3.8Ghz
ha ha! yes, its something else im looking at! been on another thread, looking at what to do. Likely to update cpu, mobo and psu then later gpu and get some ssd. chair first though so i can work in comfort when wfh on works supplied laptop, got a tv installed above my monitor so kick back and watch netflix when im meant to be working ;)

Associate
I would definitely keep an eye on Facebook Marketplace. I picked up a Herman Miller Ambi today for £50. These have been discontinued for some 8 years now so not much information on these, but they used to retail at around £700.

Got the chair home and it's a dream. I tried an Aeron in the past but I couldn't stand it, especially the seat and it's plastic contours. Other reputable brands to look out for would be Steelcase (their Leap chairs are great). I wouldn't rush it and buy the wrong chair. Get something comfortable and that will last you a long time. Keep checking Facebook Marketplace before you rush out and buy the wrong chair.

Associate
Did not realise that the second hand place existed, the Triflex appeals. I'm looking for a replacement for a tired leather chair which is starting to fall apart due to age and also cats using it as a scratching post.

I like the idea of a mesh chair as heat is a real problem in my room - the office is very small, the pc kicks out a lot of heat and the window does very little in summer. I also play guitar in that room, so am looking for a mesh chair with armrests that can get out of the way (ideally just pivot out of the way). Any recommendations?

Associate
The Humanscale Freedom and HM Aeron both have arms that can fold or reach seat height.

The Aeron is tricky as you're supposed to get one that meets your measurements. If you're 6'1 or taller you might find the seat edge cuts off circulation/ gets uncomfortable on a smaller config (2 different ones I've used over the years did this).

I've had the Freedom for about 3 years now and it's been great, the headrest is very comfortable and I like how the whole seat keeps you supported if you twist around in it. It's not mesh but I've not really noticed it getting hot like a leather seat does.

Associate
Thanks for that, good to know. Buying one new is certainly too rich for me, but it means I have a slightly better idea of what to look for if the second hand price is right.

I'll certainly have a look at the Freedom - the aeron looks ideal to be fair, but I simply can't spend that much on a chair sadly.

Associate
Coming from someone who has owned numourous expensive ergo chairs for years I can safely say I wished I saved my money and got a "normal" comfy chair that doesn't cause my back agony whenever sitting in the chairs . I would stay away from the aeron as it forces you into an upright position at all times which is just not comfortable for me.

Soldato
It was such a loss to the world when Staples stopped doing the Kashmir. It was the answer to every chair question. It even had a cool name!

12 years on I still have mine but searching for a replacement, lots of the padding has degraded, i'm tempted to get it re-upholstered! I work at home, game, watch TV and sleep in it (too much! :D)

Back
Top Bottom