Experience of selling and swapping on Facebook Market?.

Associate
Hi guys previously, I managed to make use of Facebook Market, and managed to swap and sell a phew phones on there. It was very straightforward, and less shady than gumtree,only for one of my work mates to ask me, if I now have a mobile phone business . I had been under the impression my Facebook profile is private but apparently your friends can see what you selling etc. I then stopped it straight away. Has anyone used the Facebook Market classifieds recently, and can your friends still see what you selling and swapping as that is annoying ?

Associate
OP
Why do you care, unless you’re planning on nicking their phones, what does it matter if they can see what you’re buying/selling?
No . Sometimes you just need some privacy, . I have a passion for tec and change my phones often, so I often sell or swap em on Facebook. But with everyone watching, I don't want to be in ward round and the topic is "oh did you manage to swap that phone you had on Facebook" ...

Soldato
No . Sometimes you just need some privacy, . I have a passion for tec and change my phones often, so I often sell or swap em on Facebook. But with everyone watching, I don't want to be in ward round and the topic is "oh did you manage to swap that phone you had on Facebook" ...
Fair enough but if you want privacy being on Facebook is counter intuitive! I’d also suggest removing work colleagues from your Facebook friends. I’ve never added or accepted work colleagues on there. Don’t see the point.

Soldato
Hi thanks. I believe that doesn't actually solve the issue, as friends can still see...
I doubt when the market place was created there was much consideration given to people like yourself who don’t want friends to see what they are selling. The idea of the market place is to reach as wide an audience as possible thereby increasing your chances of a sale. I’d be very surprised if there is a setting that prohibits people on your friends list seeing what you are selling - for most folk those would be the first audience they want to reach.
As already mentioned, your best bet would be to create a new ‘fake’ fb account for such activities. Or don’t be selling stolen goods. Either or really.

Back
Top Bottom