Experience with Stance+ coilovers?

Associate
Hi all,

The current coilovers on my skoda fabia have given up (crappy JOM things). I dont have mega money to spend on something mental so I've been looking at Stance+ coilovers as they seem a reasonable price.

Was wondering if anyone has had experience with how they are and if they've had them collapse not long after getting them. Im not too fussed about perfectly smooth ride quality as Ive got used to the bumpy-ness of the JOM coilovers.

Thanks

They're not really much different to jom

There isn't any cheap coilovers I'd personally have on my car, but likewise the price of coilovers seem to have gone through the roof recently.

The quality isn't going to be any worse than jom,

They're not really much different to jom

There isn't any cheap coilovers I'd personally have on my car, but likewise the price of coilovers seem to have gone through the roof recently.

The quality isn't going to be any worse than jom,
I can deal with similar quality, cause the JOM's have lasted me 3 years with quite a bit of driving and they were used when I got them cause I was in need at the time.

Might order them and see what happens tbh, cheers

Stance+ are terrible for ride quality though... and are you paying someone to fit them? If so replacing cheap coilovers every 3 years is going to cost.

AP are decent, much better ride and not massively more expensive if you can stretch to those?

Stance+ are terrible for ride quality though... and are you paying someone to fit them? If so replacing cheap coilovers every 3 years is going to cost.

AP are decent, much better ride and not massively more expensive if you can stretch to those?
Ill fit them myself, fitted the JOMs I had.

I could probably look at getting some AP ones, ill have a gander online at them. My main problem was a lot of brands like BC and KW are like £1k+ and I cant stretch that far :D

If you're on a budget good shocks with lowering springs are better than cheap coils, unless you don't care if your car behaves like a bouncy castle. :D

Last edited:
I personally wouldn't go cheaper than something like BC coilovers, the el cheapo ones are pretty terrible to drive to the point of being dangerous if you need to take evasive action with how bouncy and unpredictable they are.

I personally wouldn't go cheaper than something like BC coilovers, the el cheapo ones are pretty terrible to drive to the point of being dangerous if you need to take evasive action with how bouncy and unpredictable they are.
I know BC would be the best bet, but I just can’t justify spending on the coilovers what I spent on the car in the first place

Probably better going back to springs than cheap coilovers. Many aftermarket coilovers also need maintenance which is something to consider.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom