Explorer keeps crashing

Guv

Guv

Soldato
Everytime I start to browse a folder, within 5-10 second explorer.exe will crash.
It's starting to get very annoying!

I run regular spyware checks and I've just run a virus check that came back all clear.

Any other reasons for this?

thanks

If they have video files in there might be a conflict with them, try uninstalling any extra video codecs then access the same folder again.

Edit
Also (I am asuming you have not done so) check the event viewer (Control Panel, Admin Tools, Event Viewer) should be an error there that will show you why it crashed.

Last edited:
Hi

sorry for not replying sooner, I've been busy.

Thanks for your help. I haven't had a chance to give that a go yet, but it does seem to happen mainly when viewing video files so I'll definitely check that out.

Well when it comes up with the error report window and it says "Send" and "Dont Send" click on the "CLick Here" to get more info and in the box at the top look to the right it should say xvid or divx if there is a conflict with the drivers.

Only just got round to looking at this!

The file to blame was clvsd.ax
I did a search and it was in the powerdvd folders, so i removed power dvd and so far explorer hasn't crashed again :)

I never really used power dvd anyway

Thanks for your help

alphaomega16 said:
np mate.

WMP or VLC is just as good for watching DVD's :)

Yeah I normally use VLC. There was a reason why I installed Power DVD but I can't remember, it's been so long but only now had the problem.

Back
Top Bottom