External Cladding? Anyone used this?

Can't type for toffee
Don
Our garage door is currently ancient wooden shiplap.
Upon starting to strip the paint, a lot of the wood is pretty badly damaged, wood filler won't really cut it.
Now we plan to build an extension in the future, the garage is currently to small to even fit a car in so I don't see the point in installing a "proper" garage door.

I've been looking at uPVC cladding in 2/4/5m lengths, the garage door is 2m wide, so 2 or 4m widths would be great. We'd also like grey cladding but there seems to be a number of brands/types available, some upvc some composite.

Just thought Id ask if anyone else has done similar,
If so is it simply staple/nail into place or did you glue?
any brands recommeneded?

Cheers

Wayne

Soldato
They have a fixing plate on the back of them that is cloaked by the next board or they use a carrier rail. I've used them in locations where you can't get close to them, I'm not a fan really :p

Can't type for toffee
Don
OP
They have a fixing plate on the back of them that is cloaked by the next board or they use a carrier rail. I've used them in locations where you can't get close to them, I'm not a fan really :p

I'm not ither but It'll look far better than stripping these boards and painting them :p
I would just go for a cheap garage door personally? Something like this is only £200 - https://www.garagedoorsonline.co.uk...002-horizontal-up-and-over-steel-hormann/1488

That appears to be second hand, not complete, wihtout delivery, 230cm wide ..... and £240

The garage door thats there must be from when the property was first build 2m wide by 210high, has internal weights and ropes to open/close.
It pivots at about 25% of the way down, we barely managed to fit a corsa under it :/

So I'm not really wanting to spend much money, yes I could just paint it but its gonna look dross.

Soldato
Hmmm I was too hasty with my search clearly but Im sure I only paid about £250 for a garage door from Wickes a few years ago so see whats on offer. Keep an eye out on the free trade sites, might pick up one the right size for nowt?

Soldato
I'm not ither but It'll look far better than stripping these boards and painting them :p

That appears to be second hand, not complete, wihtout delivery, 230cm wide ..... and £240

The garage door thats there must be from when the property was first build 2m wide by 210high, has internal weights and ropes to open/close.
It pivots at about 25% of the way down, we barely managed to fit a corsa under it :/

So I'm not really wanting to spend much money, yes I could just paint it but its gonna look dross.
If your going to bin it just touch it up don't be wasting money!

Back
Top Bottom