External Monitor for MacBook Pro (M1 Pro)

Man of Honour
Yes for pure MacOS it’s an excellent screen, but it is the same panel as the LG UltraFine isn’t it which is quite a bit cheaper, but without the Apple looks.

Reactions: GCC
Man of Honour
Yeah it’s a decent saving but like I said it doesn’t have the Apple look. Whether that’s paying for is up to you but screen wise I believe it’s the exact same panel. Also it had a detachable power lead!

Soldato
Yeah it’s a decent saving but like I said it doesn’t have the Apple look. Whether that’s paying for is up to you but screen wise I believe it’s the exact same panel. Also it had a detachable power lead!

It's the same panel (well, newer revision of the same panel) but not the same screen though, there are differences. The Apple one is a little brighter, and it's laminated to the front glass. The difference isn't just looks.

Associate
I use my Apple Thunderbolt Display which is IPS at 2560x1440 (should be able to pick one up cheap second hand) with my MacBook Pro 14" all you need is a Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter, works brilliantly and I share all the ports on the back of the display with my MacMini.

Associate
I use S3423DWC with my macbook pro m1 (can be had for just over £300 with discounts from dell). Works great with the built in USB hub/KVM to connect macbook with 1 cable for charging and display/usb and my PC and have the monitor swap my keyboard and mouse between them as needed.
Hello meandu,
I have the same monitor and a MacBook m1 air and when I connect with the provided cable the monitor starts disconnecting frequently.
I wonder if it's a cable a software or some other problem. I was able to use the monitor for about a month and then problems arrived. I think it could have been because of updating to Ventura 13.5.2.
My roommate MacBook Air does not work with the screen neither.
May I ask you if you have some idea what can be the issue ?

Thank you !

Associate
Hello meandu,
I have the same monitor and a MacBook m1 air and when I connect with the provided cable the monitor starts disconnecting frequently.
I wonder if it's a cable a software or some other problem. I was able to use the monitor for about a month and then problems arrived. I think it could have been because of updating to Ventura 13.5.2.
My roommate MacBook Air does not work with the screen neither.
May I ask you if you have some idea what can be the issue ?

Thank you !
Sorry I cant help. Mine has been perfect bar a small refresh rate issue which an update to the mac solved. Been using it every day boucing between steam deck (USBC) windows laptop (USBC) and macbook pro(USBC) and my PC (HDMI) and its always just worked.

Back
Top Bottom