Extreme Makeover - Ongoing project (Picture Heavy)

Caporegime
Look forward to seeing what way it turned out mate. Does indeed look a bit badly cared for. But tbh I've seen much worse in my 20 years as a professional painter and decorator. I've worked in some badly neglected houses were pro tek disposable boiler suits were the uniform of choice. Burn at the end of each day.:D

Soldato
Wow Josh, didn't expect that, amazing what some people will live in!

As Nexus said though, few licks of paint and some carpet and that place could look rather nice cheaply.

The layout is also eerily similar to my parents house.

Hope to see some decent progress pics soon mate :)

Associate
When you said it was bad, I didn't expect it to be that bad, awful condition, looking forward to seeing it finished. When it's finished, you'll have to invite all of TS over for a LAN night :D

Subbed!

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I have no experience of council tenancy, do you have some sort of guarantee of residency there?

I assume you do? It seems a bit much to expect a tenant to renovate out of their own pocket if not :)

Underboss
OP
Look forward to seeing what way it turned out mate. Does indeed look a bit badly cared for. But tbh I've seen much worse in my 20 years as a professional painter and decorator. I've worked in some badly neglected houses were pro tek disposable boiler suits were the uniform of choice. Burn at the end of each day.:D

I bet you have, I've never decorated before, you sir have my utmost respect, I was knackered every blood day lol

Looking forward to this mate. As promised, I'll be inviting myself over once it's all finished! :p

Feel free dude

I have no experience of council tenancy, do you have some sort of guarantee of residency there?

I assume you do? It seems a bit much to expect a tenant to renovate out of their own pocket if not :)

Yeah we pay our bills etc so the risk of us getting kicked out if zero. As we both work the bedroom tax thing will not bother us in later life when the kids move out. Hopefully I will be living here for the next 20+ or so years!

Thanks guys still a long way to go but its very much home now!

Wow amazing good work there. I bet the tenants that moved out will probably do the same damage to their new home before moving on again.

Thankd bud, from what I have heard from mutual friends they have already trashed the new place. Indeed they have broken down furniture and 4 mattresses strung out over their front lawn already!

Both lots of neighbours have come round to say hello and tell us their tales of woe from the previous lot. The had at once stage 4 different farm yard animals in the garden and from all accounts the children where feral! Needless to say they are both very happy that a "normal" family has moved in. Both have offered their help when it comes to doing the garden if we need help with ripping it out. Jolly nice

Now time for a brew.

Last edited:
Underboss
OP
Wow! Amazing difference in those latest photos Josh! :cool:

I'll bring the orange juice

:p

I bring the Vodka then!

Wow, what a transformation. Place looks fantastic.

Thanks pal, so far this house has taught me how to, strip walls, plaster, paint, wallpaper, hang and cut out new doors, how to plumb in a new sink and replace all the pipework and how much I prefer working in IT :D

Back
Top Bottom