Extremely Low Budget TV Options - Around 43 inches.

Associate
I currently have a 32 inch Samsung on the wall in my kitchen that I want to replace really because its just a little bit too small. When i put it in it was really just a spare TV that I didnt expect to use but as time has gone on I find I spend more time in the kitchen and would like something a bit bigger maybe around the 43 inch mark.

The budget is really no more than £300 with expectations to match. At that price point and at that size is everything much of a muchness or is there a standout brand, model or type of tv that is clearly better? Alternatively am I as well to just browse the usual sites and pick the telly with the best sale price??!

For example anything obviously wrong with this?

Samsung 43 Inch UE43CU7100KXXU​

Last edited:
Associate
At this price point they're all pretty much the same. The more mainstreams brands will likely have a better UI over the Turkish made Sharps/JVC etc

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I've never been a fan of the entry-level Samsung 4K TVs. The same goes for LG's entry-level range. With LED sets, you have a choice between the better blacks but poorer viewing angle of VA panels (Samsung), or the better viewing angles but poorer blacks of the IPS panels (LG). That isn't the issue. It's the same with all the brands. I mention it though because with a kitchen/diner you might be moving around a lot more than with a living room, so seeing the TV first-hand to judge where the angle might become a problem would be a good idea.

A bigger issue is the backlight.
  1. not really bright enough compared to peer TVs
  2. too few LEDs, and so run harder to compensate which shortens the lifespan
It might not tick all your boxes, but have a look at the Philips PFS6808 at £269 and the HiSense A6KT at £229

Associate
OP
I've never been a fan of the entry-level Samsung 4K TVs. The same goes for LG's entry-level range. With LED sets, you have a choice between the better blacks but poorer viewing angle of VA panels (Samsung), or the better viewing angles but poorer blacks of the IPS panels (LG). That isn't the issue. It's the same with all the brands. I mention it though because with a kitchen/diner you might be moving around a lot more than with a living room, so seeing the TV first-hand to judge where the angle might become a problem would be a good idea.

A bigger issue is the backlight.
  1. not really bright enough compared to peer TVs
  2. too few LEDs, and so run harder to compensate which shortens the lifespan
It might not tick all your boxes, but have a look at the Philips PFS6808 at £269 and the HiSense A6KT at £229

Ok thanks for that, exactly the type of info I was hoping for. I have no brand loyalty to Samsung other than it the current kitchen telly. The current TV is on a bracket so can be moved depending where in the room you are although it spends most of its time in one of two positions depending on whether im doing something in the kitchen or in the dining area. Its a Phillips I have in my sitting room and Ive been happy with it. As an aside Ive looked at a few Hisense models and they seem to have more features at the various price points than their competitors. As a brand what is their reputation? Ive never owned one so unsure where they are pitched!

Last edited:
Soldato
I've got a couple of Hisense entry level TVs around the house and they're spot on. Decent picture quality, something like this would be absolutely perfect for a kitchen TV.

Just do yourself a favour and turn it off from Vivid mode which it will come with via default :)

Associate
OP
I've got a couple of Hisense entry level TVs around the house and they're spot on. Decent picture quality, something like this would be absolutely perfect for a kitchen TV.

Just do yourself a favour and turn it off from Vivid mode which it will come with via default :)

Excellent, thanks. Amazes me what you seem to be able to get for the money these days.

Soldato
Can give you a code for either he following directly at Panasonic online with 5 year warranty. Id personally say the 650B as it's got the Google OS and Chromecast built in where as the 600 using Panasonic's OS.

Panasonic TX-43MX600B - £279.65
Panasonic TX-43MX650B - £ 296.65

Just drop me a message if interested and will pop code over. Will be better than the other entry TVs mentioned plus will have HDR10/HLG/Dolby Vision/Dolby Atmos etc

Associate
OP
Can give you a code for either he following directly at Panasonic online with 5 year warranty. Id personally say the 650B as it's got the Google OS and Chromecast built in where as the 600 using Panasonic's OS.

Panasonic TX-43MX600B - £279.65
Panasonic TX-43MX650B - £ 296.65

Just drop me a message if interested and will pop code over. Will be better than the other entry TVs mentioned plus will have HDR10/HLG/Dolby Vision/Dolby Atmos etc
That is so good of you and thanks so much. Im just not sure when I will be buying. The only thing that holds be back from those two examples is the lack of Bluetooth in both which seems odd and would probably be something I would use.

Soldato
That is so good of you and thanks so much. Im just not sure when I will be buying. The only thing that holds be back from those two examples is the lack of Bluetooth in both which seems odd and would probably be something I would use.

The 650 has it, the 600 doesn't.

"Convenient Bluetooth Connectivity
Equipped with Bluetooth® MX650 allows you to pair your TV with any Bluetooth enabled audio device"

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The 650 has it, the 600 doesn't.

"Convenient Bluetooth Connectivity
Equipped with Bluetooth® MX650 allows you to pair your TV with any Bluetooth enabled audio device"

Oh wow, I must have either looked at the wrong one or the JL website was wrong! I will PM you!

Back
Top Bottom