Eye sleeping bags or w/e they are called

Soldato
Weird one, but recently I've been incredibly busy and barely getting any sleep, often skipping it entirely. Things are about to calm down but a colleague of mine stated how exhausted I looked and mentioned the bags under my eyes.

Normally, I don't care for how I look, but they have a point, I look like I've just come back from a weekend binge at Vegas. Sadly, that's not the cause.

Anyone use any product to help reduce the bags? Are face masks good? I'm big bearded guy so not sure what use a mask will be.

Im short, I'm gonna treat my self.

Soldato
OP
Not really other than just go to bed man and get some sleep!! haha
But in all seriousness I use Nivea for men cream and just put a small amount on your face daily and it helps keep the skin moist a little

Oh, I plan too mate haha, I'm gonna go to bed at 9pm tonight, take some sleeping tablets and get a good 10+ hours!

Soldato
OP
Too busy to sleep? :(

Bad news, a descent amount of sleep will make you more productive, and reduce the bags.

Aye, a mixture of dog being very poorly over the weekend, resulting in no sleep, lots of driving around to emergency vets, then cleaning my carpets for half a day, 'friendsgiving' last night. Just 4 days of absolute exhaustion.

Figured I'd pamper my self with a takeout and some beauty products as well as a bath bomb whilst the wife is out of town haha.

Soldato
OP
I've heard haemorrhoid cream is the stuff to use, not that I would. Besides, are you really worried about what you look like rather than tackling the root cause of the problem?

I want to be ****** off, but that got a genuine chuckle out of me.

And no, couldn't care less how I looked, I just fancied giving it a go! I rarely look after my skin or stuff like that.

Anyway, managed to get a solid 10 hours of natural sleep last night, having a cup of tea now before I head to work. Feeling MUCH better.

I don't know how people do it, go days without decent sleep, it destroys me.

Soldato
OP
*cringe*

I suggest you read Why We Sleep by Matthew Walker. Drug-induced sleep is not all that great for you. "Skipping" sleep is not either.

To answer the question I have used Bulldog Eye roll-on but in all honesty I don't think it helps. You leave it in the fridge, so it's quite nice to refresh your eyes in the morning. But I haven't noticed much in the bags under my eyes. Then again I do struggle with my sleep..

I rarely use sleeping pills, and even then, it's the all natural stuff. The only time I ever really use them is on long flights.

I didn't need any last night, I was sat playing games, walked the dog, got back in and suddenly felt SUPER tired.

Soldato
OP
I can't remember who it was but someone in the Sports Arena forum once said that the order of priorities when getting/maintaining fitness is:

1. Sleep.
2. Diet.
3. Working out.

Barely getting any sleep or skipping it entirely would seem to be an awful idea and rather than looking at coverup solutions (facemask etc), probably start with the root cause.

Just to be clear, I normally get a good solid 6-8 hours of sleep during the week and if it's my turn to have a lie in on the weekends, even longer.

It was just this weekend gone, I had 5 or so days with terrible sleep and one night of zero sleep due to a sick dog. This thread had a little tongue in cheek intention behind it.

But your post brings up a great point, people underestimate how key diet and sleep are. Very well said.

Back
Top Bottom