Eyefinity monitors?

Associate
I'm going to get cross 5870s, and I want 3 screen eyefinity setup, but the border of the monitors is what stops me...

Are there any monitors with glass or detachable borders?

Soldato
I believe there are some samsung ones on the way that have very thin bezels - specifically for eyefinity. I'm no sure when they are arriving, but it would be worth while keeping an eye out.

Associate
There are some monitors from Samsung on the way, althought once you set up a system and play the games i highly doubt the bezels will bother you..

This seems to be an initial thought of most people until they experience it.

Soldato
There's a thread on the widescreen gaming forum in which an ATI employee has started making posts. It seems like there migth be some affordable adapters in the pipeline, but it doesn't seem to be something that's received a lot of thought so far, unfortunately... just plenty of marketing publicity. :)

You should also be aware that at the moment crossfire and multiscreen are not supported. This will change soon, I'm sure, but for the time being it's far from ideal.

Andrew McP

Soldato

Thanks for making up for my laziness. :) Another important point in that thread is that XP won't be supported. For us OS luddites still living in DX9-land this is another reason to sit back and let the dust settle. I'll probably put Win7 on my games/Triplehead box eventually, but not until after the main Win7 release.

Hopefully by then ATI will also have sorted out a bezel adjustment in their drivers as well. For desktop work that doesn't matter, but it helps avoid perspective issues when gaming.

Andrew McP

Back
Top Bottom