F.E.A.R (Xbox 360)

Soldato
Yeah ive got it and although theres nothing particularly wrong with it, it does get very samey very fast. If you're not walking around empty corridors then you're involved in massive open gun fights with multiple opponents with no way of taking one out at a time. Basically they're ain't a lot of variation.

Personally if you're after a FPS and don't already own it id go for Prey, which has a lot more variation in gameplay, looks beautiful to boot and its always fun walking around upside down :p

Last edited:
Soldato
tbh crap game on PC and crap game on xbox 360.

If you have a decent setup on your PC then you wont notice much difference if any between it and the 360 version. I have a 256MB 7800GTX and tbh the 360 version didn't look any better. Maybe slightly smoother frame rate on some cut scenes but other than that.

But the game as a whole just isn't very compelling, just kinda plods along. Although i say this every time i post about fear. The Enemy AI is quite cool. I like it taking cover and turning over tables to get cover etc. But thats about all.

There are better shooters on the 360, and cheaper than this too.

Soldato
JUMPURS said:
But the game as a whole just isn't very compelling, just kinda plods along. Although i say this every time i post about fear. The Enemy AI is quite cool. I like it taking cover and turning over tables to get cover etc. But thats about all.

Yeah the AI is pretty cool, you've proberly named FEAR's most outstanding feature right there.

Caporegime
It's quite spooky overall - it does get slightly monotonous in the middle but then it picks up as you near the end. Worth a go for less than £20. Perhaps wait a bit longer for it to come down to that price?

Soldato
From what I played, it was a good game.

I prefered Condemned personally but still it was a good game in short doses.. Not sure I could play it for hours on end though

Associate
I thought the game was pretty good - great in a dark room with a mate or two to play with (Main game and multiplayer).

But your best bet is to download the F.E.A.R. demo off X-Box Live and check it for yourself. :D

P.s. Horray my first post...

Back
Top Bottom