F1 2019

Commissario
Unless I'm being blind, I can't see a thread for this!

Anyone picked it up yet? I've done a few races and it's good fun, starting the career in F2 was interesting too.

Man of Honour
Picked this up on Friday, didn't buy last years (played it via Xbox Game Pass) so thought I'd splurge this time.
Enjoying it, races seem more competivive with better AI - F2 was entertaining, very twitchy things to drive!

Soldato
Unless I'm being blind, I can't see a thread for this!

Anyone picked it up yet? I've done a few races and it's good fun, starting the career in F2 was interesting too.

I believe I had last years or the previous, I enjoyed it but I didn't like all the team research/upgrade stuff, it seemed very confusing, is it still the same in 2019 game or been improved?

Commissario
OP
I believe I had last years or the previous, I enjoyed it but I didn't like all the team research/upgrade stuff, it seemed very confusing, is it still the same in 2019 game or been improved?
I've not played for quite a few years so that was all a bit new to me. You get research points which can be spent on one of four areas, and they take a few "weeks" (time inbetween races) to develop. Doesn't seem confusing, just have to keep on top of it!

Soldato
I've not played for quite a few years so that was all a bit new to me. You get research points which can be spent on one of four areas, and they take a few "weeks" (time inbetween races) to develop. Doesn't seem confusing, just have to keep on top of it!

Cool, I may get this when the price drops, I had the last F1 on ps4pro and it really ramped up the fans on that especially when in the pits, so will get this one on the X.

What difficulty do you play at and do you turn assists off?

Commissario
OP
Cool, I may get this when the price drops, I had the last F1 on ps4pro and it really ramped up the fans on that especially when in the pits, so will get this one on the X.

What difficulty do you play at and do you turn assists off?
You can set the difficulty between 1-100, I've currently got it on 40 and need to up it to around 50 as it's too easy.

Only assist I have is mild TC I think, need to check actually.

Associate
I'm enjoying it so far - I did the first couple of F1 races in my career on Sunday after getting through the F2 part and they seem to have definitely improved the AI from last year's entry. I do have a few driver aids on (I just can't get the hang of low TC with a controller) but no brake assist so I have the difficulty set to 76 and that has certainly got the field at the right level - i.e. I have to fight really hard to get a point or two in an Alfa.

I'll be interested to see how I get on at Monaco as that was my achilles heel in the 2018 edition and I always had to lower the difficulty specifically for that race...

Soldato
Got this yesterday, its good but really struggling without assists, just kept spinning with most assists off, apart from TC at medium.

I turned TC on full and thats stopped the spinning.

Any advice on how to prevent the spinning if I turn TC back to medium.

Commissario
OP
Be more gentle with the brake into corners and the throttle exiting corners, watch for where your back wheels are too - if they're on an apex/camber/slight change in elevation then you can easily spin.

Soldato
Be more gentle with the brake into corners and the throttle exiting corners, watch for where your back wheels are too - if they're on an apex/camber/slight change in elevation then you can easily spin.

Thanks, I think its the throttle exiting corners that is causing me problems, I'm on a pad so it might make it more difficult. I will keep practising, I don't think I will be able to turn TC off altogether but I will drop it down to mild/medium setting.

Do you do full length races? , think Im on 50% race length. I would love to do the full length races but it would just take so long!

Soldato
Hell no, haven't got time for that!

I done a 50% career race at Australia, was great, I turned TC to medium, and actually it's not as bad as when I first tried that setting, I was spinning all the time at first, but a bit of practise and throttle control makes the difference, I did need to use flashback about 20 times though:D, I want to try and stop using that really.

I have AI at 50 difficulty which suits me currently, driving in an Alfa, I finished 10th (not sure how realistic that is in an Alfa). I may up it very slightly as I found the AI cars slow in the corners, so I was nearly going into the back of them when they braked very early.

The AI has improved over F1 2018, they really defend now, it can be a struggle to get past.

Back
Top Bottom