F1 2021 rules

Man of Honour
https://www.planetf1.com/news/fia-confirm-several-significant-f1-rule-changes/

‘The dual-axis steering system, introduced by Mercedes in Barcelona, has not been a given a stay of execution for another year due to the rules delay.’

Well, that's a lot of money down the drain. I wonder whether Mercedes will jump ship soon. Seems like the team.

Mercedes are going to love that. That isn’t going to help them in their decision to stay or leave the sport.

Soldato
It's common sense so that the nine other teams (particularly the smaller ones) don't have to go to the enormous expense of creating and testing new chassis at this financially critical time, something they're desperate to avoid, hence the continuation in using the 2020 cars for 2021 and probably 2022.

Frankly it was common sense even before COVID-19 ravaged this season.

Mercedes knew it was only ever going to be allowed for a single season as with the previous 2021 regulations it had been banned long before we even knew it existed.

Caporegime
It's common sense so that the nine other teams (particularly the smaller ones) don't have to go to the enormous expense of creating and testing new chassis at this financially critical time, something they're desperate to avoid, hence the continuation in using the 2020 cars for 2021 and probably 2022.

Frankly it was common sense even before COVID-19 ravaged this season.

Common sense would be to remove the incoming ban so that it's not a waste of money. F1's reactionary banning of innovation is bad for the sport.

Soldato
Thankfully Mercedes don't agree with you as they see the bigger picture. Not just on this, but a number of financially critical issues being discussed at the moment in the hope of maintaining a functional sport - notably reducing the budget cap further. Meanwhile Red Bull and Ferrari are digging their heels in and refusing to budge on that particular matter.

Mercedes are coming through this crisis, and indeed helping out where possible, with a far more human and decent reputation than I would ever have expected from any F1 team. It's quite refreshing seeing a team not just thinking of themselves.

Caporegime
Mercedes are coming through this crisis, and indeed helping out where possible, with a far more human and decent reputation than I would ever have expected from any F1 team. It's quite refreshing seeing a team not just thinking of themselves.

Mercedes seem to have an all round decent culture. It shines through in the Netflix series. That said, I guess it's easier to be magnanimous when you're winning so comfortably.

Back
Top Bottom