F1 Testing 2018: Week 2 Barcelona (6th - 9th)

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Lets not get ahead of ourselves, a lot of the testing has been done is comparatively low temps... not the sort you'd see in a typical race weekend anyway.

Which is why I think McLaren are on dire straits. I.e. They can't get their engine working when the outside air temp is less than 12C then it puts them on the back foot already.

Man of Honour
OP
It's testing, they are seeing what they can get away with on a new engine.

I don't expect them to be unreliable come the start of the season.

Dup

Dup

Soldato

Engines fault, they're fitting a new one.

The McLaren apparently looks like it lacks detail... I simply feel they are running basic testing and getting used to the new engine and packaging before anything else. Hopefully after today they get some useful running for the rest of the week. Testing doesn't matter until Qualifying at Australia anyway, then we know where we stand. I just hope that with the Renault unit the reliability issues are just teething problems with the new package. I still hope for some teams running close together this season.

Soldato
Looks like teams are trying to make up for lost time, 50 laps for Merc after 2 hours, and just over 40 for RBR.

To quote myself, but some big mileage again today, what was the most seen in a day last year? 177 for Merc vs 171 for Ferrari yesterday, looking to be surpassed today. Not seen any quotes on race sims yet though, but all looks nice and tight at the top, hopefully should replicate across the season with different cars being strong at different tracks.

Back
Top Bottom