F1 Testing 2020: Week 2 Barcelona (26th - 28th)

Caporegime
One rule for Ferrari another rule for everyone else it would seem

The FIA announces that, after thorough technical investigations, it has concluded its analysis of the operation of the Scuderia Ferrari Formula 1 Power Unit and reached a settlement with the team. The specifics of the agreement will remain between the parties.
The FIA and Scuderia Ferrari have agreed to a number of technical commitments that will improve the monitoring of all Formula 1 Power Units for forthcoming championship seasons as well as assist the FIA in other regulatory duties in Formula 1 and in its research activities on carbon emissions and sustainable fuels.
It sounds like Ferrari have something that is perhaps in the wording of the rules but not in the spirit but the FIA can't ban it but also Ferrari don't want it to be copied by other teams hence the silence.

Man of Honour

The FIA announces that, after thorough technical investigations, it has concluded its analysis of the operation of the Scuderia Ferrari Formula 1 Power Unit and reached a settlement with the team. The specifics of the agreement will remain between the parties.
The FIA and Scuderia Ferrari have agreed to a number of technical commitments that will improve the monitoring of all Formula 1 Power Units for forthcoming championship seasons as well as assist the FIA in other regulatory duties in Formula 1 and in its research activities on carbon emissions and sustainable fuels.

Embarrassing.

It sounds like Ferrari have something that is perhaps in the wording of the rules but not in the spirit but the FIA can't ban it but also Ferrari don't want it to be copied by other teams hence the silence.

That would make sense, although the comment about monitoring makes it sound a little sketchy.

Soldato
They all do it, DAS anyone?
Mercedes have been speaking to the FIA since the end of last year to ensure the legality of the DAS system so that they didn't waste time developing it, only for it to be banned after the first race.

Ferrari went out of their way to hide their oil burning shenanigans and also their dubious use of double batteries and fudging the sensors. That's the difference.

JRS

JRS

Soldato

You're right - any other team and we'd have had a clear message from the FIA saying "we didn't find any evidence that they were cheating, but going forward the rule is x and the monitoring/testing method is y". But because it's Ferrari, they want to cloak it in innuendo and mystery.

MERCEDES INTERNATIONAL ASSISTANCE!!!111oneoneeleventwelve

;):p:D:cool:

Soldato
E: Also Jimmy Broadbent really could be a great race commentator I reckon.

There is no "could be" about it............................he IS a great racing commentator. In fact his enthusiasm reminds me so much of Murray Walker it's sort of surreal..............................Sky should sign him up as fast as is possible for F1.

Soldato
We had a great time at testing this week. Just back now, and there are a few photos below but not many, as I could only edit on the iPhone.

My few takeaways from the second test:

- Williams have improved, but so have everyone else. They might just be less last than 2019
- Torro Rosso's car and livery looks great, but it also looked mechanically slow
- I'm not sure if Honda were running a different map on Friday, but the pops and bangs off the throttle on Friday were insane (and quite fun)
- I really really wanted them to be better, but I don't think that McLaren have progressed much. Racing Point on the other hand - right up there with Ferrari on race simulations
- We were sitting down near T1 late on Friday when Hamilton came out on the ultra soft tyres. He did a slow lap and then launched into a qualifying lap. He went through T1, 2 and 3 like no other car all week. It was enough of a difference to make me think that 2020 is another Merc year (he backed off later in the sector and lap)

SuO2gxJ.jpg

iv1BmYL.jpg

KFz1vi3.jpg

qT9voiM.jpg

hgjJUBl.jpg

B3Rm5ZQ.jpg

2NRPf2B.jpg

Back
Top Bottom