F1 tv rights for next season

Caporegime
You can't compare it to Football. There's always half-time, F1 can go on for up to 2 hours..

Anyone heard anymore about Sky adding sport to their PAYG type streaming service? There's just films at the moment but they said sport would come later in 2012.

Wouldn't mind paying a few quid for the races not live on the BBC.

You can buy a SkyGo subscription which is a monthly thing. But you would have to buy the Sports pack which is something stupid like £30 a month.

Soldato
You mean NowTV, which is Sky's subscription free and pay-as-you-go streaming service.

I know they plan to add sports such as individual football games, no idea about F1 yet, but I would think so.

I personally don't think there will be ad breaks on Sky, because they know how much it will outrage fans. Its not like ITV where they had to have them, because Sky is subscription funded.

If they ever did do adverts, I would imagine they might trial split screen ones like European broadcasters tend to do.

Caporegime
Right, there will be NO adverts during the races, same as this year. I don;t know where the doom mongerers got the idea from but i don't think Brundle etc would stand for it.

AFAIK the rights for BBC and Sky were extended in a joint deal through to the end of 2018?

Back
Top Bottom