F2 driver get 2 race ban for driving into the back of a teammate on purpose

Soldato
Because all of the other stuff he did. vettel only drove into hamilton, he did not do all of this:.

WHAT! and this is the problem. People like you and the FIA make out what vettel did was very a small thing.
So the younger drivers follow suite...I mean if a F1 driver does it and only gets a 15sec penalty, then I will.

Now if vettel had a 1 race suspension. That would have sent a different message to other drivers and fans alike.

Soldato
Sounds like reasonable punishment for this driver, and reasonable action taken by teams and sponsors. He's a idiot. Motorsport is dangerous enough without recklessness like that.

I thought Vettel deserved a ban at the time, even more so for his behaviour (denial) after the event. I haven't changed that view.

Soldato
WHAT! and this is the problem. People like you and the FIA make out what vettel did was very a small thing.
So the younger drivers follow suite...I mean if a F1 driver does it and only gets a 15sec penalty, then I will.

Now if vettel had a 1 race suspension. That would have sent a different message to other drivers and fans alike.
I am not a steward, they set the punishments within the rules they have at that time. Its not down to 'people like me'...

Associate
Interesting contrast to this in that Dan Ticktum is also in the news, Red Bull whining he can't test because he doesn't have enough superlicence points. His brainfart was much worse, got a 2 year ban and lost his racing licence, with 1 year suspended. None of the racist stuff and non-payment also going on with Ferrucci. He was only 16 at the time, showed proper contrition, not flimsy justification displayed by Ferrucci. He seems to have learned from his "moment".

https://www.autosport.com/national/news/121941/ticktum-banned-for-disturbing-episode

Transmission breaker
Don
The Ticktum thing is really hard for me to process. Everyone wants to do that sometimes, but normal people suppress that urge.

It was pre-meditated, and showed a dramatic lack of emotional control and reasoning.

Imagine if someone had been seriously injured, or worse in that accident, what would people be saying about such behavior?

Is what he did worse than Ferrucci, I think perhaps it was.... (Alleged openly racist behavior aside)

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Quite. Canada '08 was merely monumental stupidity, not malicious intent.

;)
I don’t believe anyone seriously believes Hamilton punted Raikkonen on purpose.

Anyway... back on topic chaps.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
I don’t believe anyone seriously believes Hamilton punted Raikkonen on purpose.

I believe that's what I said - brainless not malicious. Especially when, as I recall, the team were screaming at him over the radio to be careful because the red light was on at the end of the pitlane!

Back
Top Bottom