Fabric loses it's license - Closes doors for good

Soldato
OP
Off at a slight tangent, I've been to all sorts of clubs over the years across the country. Fabric, Egg, tobacco dock, Ministry, Nation, Pacha, digital, studio 338, coronet, WHP, studio spaces, light box, feast, GSSW. All for numerous hours.

Ontop of that numerous festivals. Hardly saw any trouble.

Go down local high streets on a Friday Saturday night and more often than not at some point it will turn into a warzone.

Given the choice of spending 8 hours in a 'drug encouraging club' and 8 hours at a local high street.. The former wins hands down. And I will feel safer.

We have probably crossed paths at some point :D Couldn't agree more. Haven't been to my local high street in years and reading the local rag on a Monday morning just secures my reasoning for not doing so.

Soldato
OP
You know I hear that a lot, then people don't even test it. Even then people use the marquis test, MDMA may be present but it can't tell you what else is included (Or how much).

It's funny how sure they seem, but I guess anything to rationalise drug usage.

The BBC did something similar at a festival here in the UK, most of what people were buying was not as advertised. Thankfully a lot of times you probably just end up with caffeine or something, then the odd occasion it's a RC from China. There are so many things MDMA can be cut with.

You can use multiple tests (multiple re-agents) though to test for other adulterants and look at the colour the test changes to. Straight to black/deep purple is a good indicator but if you look closely and notice green or yellow in the tinge then it is a good indicator of various adulterants.

The one that always grinds my gears is "i buy crystal because its pure, it's a rock". Sure, because you cannot re-rock (compress) something that is adulterated. People are so far out of touch with what they take and it is purely down to one thing: education. "My mate dave who is always off his face and knows his stuff said this". Dave doesn't know what he is talking about 90% of the time. Spreading misinformation is sometimes worse than no information.

Soldato
OP
They were heralded as the "Gold Standard" and one which by all other clubs should follow for their security practices. The whole "police observing drug taking or deals going down" thing happened in 2016, the club was never informed that this had taken place and nothing was ever said about it until now. All of the "evidence" is hearsay at best.

Soldato
OP
I've actually just remembered I've been in the Fabric emergency room (i was fine). lololololololololol

Threw me out so took a walk over to Egg. Much more...vibrant.

Rinse FM have just hosted some mixes from the biggest names who have played at Fabric:

I'm listening to the Ricardo Villalobos mix, first 10 mins are relatively slow but holy balls it gets going after that.

The DJ Hype & IC3 set is more up my alley :D

Back
Top Bottom