Facebook groups and allegations

Caporegime
I don't know if this is area specific, but recently I've seen a number of posts from my town and others in the area where people are taking photos of people (always of a certain demographic) and uploading them to the local Facebook group, claiming they've taken photos of children.

There's no denying that this happens, but if Facebook groups (lol) are anything to go by, it seems to be an epidemic, as it's now almost a daily occurrence.

Has anyone else noticed this going on where they live?

Commissario
it's almost certainly either completely innocent "they've taken pictures of my children" when the person was likely taking a picture of something else or even their own children (or even just using the phone without the camera or doing a video call), in many instances, if not just made up (there are people that love to create drama, and "think of the children" is a great way to do that).

There is a lot of paranoia and facebook/myspace/that stupid american neighbourhood app all encourage it.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
As above I see stuff like this on my local Facebook groups where more often than not it is paranoia, misunderstanding, deliberate smear campaigns and/or something which seems to happen a lot toxic relationship breakups where nothing seems to be off limits, etc. etc.

Caporegime
OP
it's almost certainly either completely innocent "they've taken pictures of my children" when the person was likely taking a picture of something else or even their own children (or even just using the phone without the camera or doing a video call), in many instances, if not just made up (there are people that love to create drama, and "think of the children" is a great way to do that).

There is a lot of paranoia and facebook/myspace/that stupid american neighbourhood app all encourage it.

That's what I think of a lot of it, in fact I've followed up on a few posts and it's come to light that they've been taking photos or recording their own children or family members.

It's disgusting that they can just throw out accusations like that, with pictures of people who have done nothing wrong, putting them at risk of vigilante attacks by scum in the area.

Soldato
I was at a wedding a few years back, and the bloke whipped out his camera to take a photo of his kids playing with my mate’s daughter.

His wife back handed him and said “you should ask!”..
Then she asked me, if it was ok…

I just said she’s not my daughter…. Pue.. would it be ok for this man to take a photo with you in it?

Caporegime
Possibly racists who wouldn't do a thing if it were some white man walking a dog or whatever but happens to take photos of the park as he passes through.

Theres taking photos of children and then there's taking a photo that a child happens to be in.

maybe these people come from countries that don't do playground and parks? could be as innocent as showing people who it's like over here.

and maybe they scarper because they don't speak good English and aren't capable of defending their actions.

most the parks around here are full of those types anyway so I doubt it happens in my locality

Last edited:
Caporegime

Yeh, I imagine the vast majority is this.

Soldato
If having a Facebook account required an IQ test and the pass mark was 45, it would be a very empty place.

Last edited:
Soldato
There was a mod on Facebook who was trying to remove full on illegal material posted in secret groups. But Facebook kept stopping him. In the end he resigned.

Back
Top Bottom