Facebook its complicated

Soldato
Right so a while ago I created a facebook account and tried to follow a load of pages, anyway, facebook got upset and suspended my account.
So I thought oh dear never mind, but Facebook keeps sending me emails saying there’s loads of stuff I should see on Facebook.
I’m fed up with this so clicked unsubscribe, it directed me to a page saying your account has been suspended and will be nuked from orbit in 17 days, the infraction was 5 months ago.

I persevered but it is insisting on me uploading a selfie and I don’t want to I just want them to delete everything and leave me alone, short of getting a new identity and fleeing the country is there anything I can do?

Thanks

Facebook (and all social media apps) are crap. Your life is greatly enhanced by not using any of them

However there are some absolutely amazing Groups that I follow just like the OP wants to do.
For a Social Media site full of supposed Geeks (OCUK) some of you have no idea how to use Facebook to your advantage.

People still use Facebook? Honestly it's one of the worst things to have happened to the internet, plus all the other social media platforms that came after.
Imagine trying to browse ocuk but every 4th thread is an advert disguised as a normal post.
that's social media to me.

I don't want a curated experience targeting me with other peoples random musings and stupid pictures with fake stories/

The only thing they are selling is your data and other peoples "adverts" disguised as posts.

TV killed the Radio star and self-promotion killed the internet.

seems to have killed the news too, any papers I look at online are basically a wall of paid adverts, like 10 stories about Blake livcely who can't act, she's not attractive and she's basically an adult brat.

literally famous for nothing go away and stop paying PR companies to constantly get stupid articles about you in the "news" you ain't the news..... just an annoying advert thats fuelling her narcissism, the same as nearly every other z list celeb.

you can be a minor cast and your suddenly "starred in" these days too.... no they werent the star.... by any stretch of the truth, stop butchering the English language.

Only people with an IQ higher than 100 can spot the snow leopard.
This child's photo is the son a a megs Hollywood star and the daughter of a shepherd can you guess who it is?

Thank god I can remember the internet before every single thing was monetised, back when people did things for noble reasons

Last edited:
magine trying to browse ocuk but every 4th thread is an advert disguised as a normal post.
that's social media to me.

I don't want a curated experience targeting me with other peoples random musings and stupid pictures with fake stories/

Then you have no idea how to use it.
Only join Groups you want to join
if you click on Feeds you don't see adverts, only the the Groups or Friends you allowed.
Honestly what's up with people.

People still use Facebook? Honestly it's one of the worst things to have happened to the internet, plus all the other social media platforms that came after.
Disagree.
Its been invaluable for me for accessing information. Especially around animal care and my wildlife groups. Some of the Wales groups have inspired me to visit places I wouldn't have known about.

I use it for groups mainly. And it is good for that.

Disagree.
Its been invaluable for me for accessing information. Especially around animal care and my wildlife groups. Some of the Wales groups have inspired me to visit places I wouldn't have known about.

I use it for groups mainly. And it is good for that.

Supposed Geeks on OCUK Social Media site who have no idea how to use it to their advantage, it's quite sad really :)
I'm in dozens of Groups, no arguing like on this site, no Ads etc.

Supposed Geeks on OCUK Social Media site who have no idea how to use it to their advantage, it's quite sad really :)
I'm in dozens of Groups, no arguing like on this site, no Ads etc.

You repeating "OCUK Social Media site" repeatedly like some drunken parrot doesnt make it one - you know full well what people mean by "Social Media" - and this aint it - by some margin.

You repeating "OCUK Social Media site" repeatedly like some drunken parrot doesnt make it one - you know full well what people mean by "Social Media" - and this aint it - by some margin.

Oh yes it is 100%

So, is a forum social media? The answer is a resounding yes. While forums may differ from mainstream social media platforms in several ways, they share many of the same core features and have played a vital role in the evolution of the digital landscape.

Are forums part of social media?

Forums are an essential part of social media as they can help users connect with different kinds of people and also help businesses promote their brands, products, and services.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom