Factorio on steam

one good thing about the MP is that each player can 'SAVE' their own personal copy of the map file to use in SP if they wish which I think is a great little feature :)

Just found out its not currently possible to host a dedicated server with the steam version of this game, it will only allow basic listen server hosting (with player as the server)

Deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:
right, just installed Linux and got the server file 'factorio_headless_x64_0.12.24.tar.gz' read the wiki for starting a server but it makes no sense to me I don't know how to run commands in this OS I have always used windows with a simple .bat file containing all the code and run it, I have no idea how to create binary's and run script on linux its all alien to me :( and also the factorio file has no file extension at the end so it cant be run is that right?

no help on the factorio steam discussions so I will post here..

I am running a dedi server in windows I don't run this 24/7 so its always going up and down so I have noticed this causes problems with the save.zip file I use as the server dosn't save to this file it uses the 3 auto save slots so I have tryed to fix this by renaming the save file to _autosave1.zip and setting autosave_slots=1 in config BUT it still saves to all 3 slots how do I force it to only save to 1 slot?

found the answer got this list of server commands very useful :)

Server options:
--latency N multiplayer server latency, in ticks
--latency-ms N multiplayer server latency, in milliseconds
--autosave-interval N (=2) server autosave interval, in minutes
--autosave-slots N (=3) server autosave slots
--disallow-commands disallow use of the command console
--peer-to-peer use peer-to-peer communication
--no-auto-pause don't automatically pause when no players are connected

I starting learning stuff with the circuit network, working on counting systems right now

NHqmh1J.jpg

Built 2 methods, the whole number value seen in the picture and also a 5 light system that lights up a set of 5 lights and also changes the colour of each light as it cycles states 0-5

anyone still playing this?

is there a way to start with limited trees on the map, or can you automate their destruction. they're doing my head in.

also whats the perfect ratio for feeding 12 blue research plants?
in fact is there a list of ratios somewhere? also trying to automate level 2 effeceincy modulus and i'm not getting enough components into it.

YES

and for the tree you can deconstruct them with bots (redprint) use a tank, burn them, shoot them with AP rounds, use steel axe to cut faster than an iron axe OR use a poison capsule :)

as for blue science I can't tell you exact ratio but for filter inserters you only need about 2 assemblers being well fed and for Batteries, Red Circuits, Steel just as many as possible of each as they are used for many other things

Back
Top Bottom