[facts only] do you think Trump was the the least corrupt president?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
My nephew claimed today at lunch that Trump's presidency was less corrupt than previous presidents because he couldn't see past enriching himself. Whereas previous presidents gave big contracts to big donors etc, Trump didn't, or at least nowhere to the same extent. Is this factually correct?

Please note that I'm not interested in discussing the politics etc, else I'd have posted in Speakers Corner; I just want the facts.

Soldato
My nephew claimed today at lunch that Trump's presidency was less corrupt than previous presidents because he couldn't see past enriching himself. Whereas previous presidents gave big contracts to big donors etc, Trump didn't, or at least nowhere to the same extent. Is this factually correct?

Please note that I'm not interested in discussing the politics etc, else I'd have posted in Speakers Corner; I just want the facts.

Less corrupt? I take it he is a Trump supporter?

That is pretty laughable I must say.

Soldato
Warren Harding will take some serious beating if you're on about corruption. Trump doesn't even come close.

yFZm94Hl.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
30% odd of the other Presidents were known Masons so would have undoubtedly given unfair advantage and favour to other Masons and their own ends.

Soldato
Trump refused to share his taxes when every other President had done so
Trump refused to separate himself from his commercial interests when every other President had done so
Trump always stayed at his own premises and charged the state full rates for his Security unit
Trump's daughter and son-in-law received an "investment" of $2bn from the Saudis for him to invest and charge for that service (probably minimum of $100m)
Trump has routinely grifted his followers for millions of dollars in NFT, clothing merchandise, legal bills, etc.

So this is all personal corruption.

Did he give out huge contracts to his mates? He certainly gave a massive tax reduction which predominantly benefited the wealthy and giant corporations totaling tens if not hundreds of billions in reduction of taxes.

Suspended
Trump refused to share his taxes when every other President had done so
Trump refused to separate himself from his commercial interests when every other President had done so
Trump always stayed at his own premises and charged the state full rates for his Security unit
Trump's daughter and son-in-law received an "investment" of $2bn from the Saudis for him to invest and charge for that service (probably minimum of $100m)
Trump has routinely grifted his followers for millions of dollars in NFT, clothing merchandise, legal bills, etc.

So this is all personal corruption.

Did he give out huge contracts to his mates? He certainly gave a massive tax reduction which predominantly benefited the wealthy and giant corporations totaling tens if not hundreds of billions in reduction of taxes.
Gerald Ford didn’t disclose his taxes

Soldato
As always with these sorts of claims you first have to define what's meant by corruption otherwise you open yourself up to 'no true Scotsman' fallacies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom