FahMon 2.2.0

Soldato
Berserker said:
Number of frames is wrong - you need a 'fixed' psummary file. I think there's details in one of the other recent threads.
yep you can save the psummary page to your machine, amend the source to say 100 frames, then point FahMon at it in the Advanced tab of the preferences, then click "update projects" and you're fixed :)

or just ignore it like I do and divide by 50 if you really want to know what the PPD is - 907.30 PPD

Associate
OP
It's probably easier to ignore it rather than faff around editing the file, since if the project database needs another update, that nicely edited data will be overwritten if p2604 is still on psummary with 2 frames.

Man of Honour
Is a WU ever likely to have 2 frames? If not, might it be a nice 'sanity check' in FahMon itself?

Either that or allow FahMon to take data from more than one source (primary source being the original psummary file and secondary being data for specific projects).

Just random thoughts. :)

Soldato
Berserker said:
Either that or allow FahMon to take data from more than one source (primary source being the original psummary file and secondary being data for specific projects).

It can already do this :) Unless you mean the secondary file also being online?

fahmon_ps.gif

Associate
OP
Berserker said:
Is a WU ever likely to have 2 frames? If not, might it be a nice 'sanity check' in FahMon itself?

Some WUs did have 2 real frames, so unfortunately that wouldn't work.

My original Gro33 patch did some sanity checking, because for some reason when Gro33 was introduced all of them had 0 frames on psummary. It basically forced Gro33 WUs to 100 frames.

That check has been removed, since that issue was resolved, so the only sanity checking now is a generic catch-all that says "if frames=0 then frames=100".

Berserker said:

Just random thoughts. :)

I had thought of that, as it would be quite useful to use psummary and augment it with a local or online file and process both rather that one or the other. I'll have a think about it.

Associate
rich99million said:
just ignore it like I do and divide by 50 if you really want to know what the PPD is - 907.30 PPD

Yeah, that's what I will do for the moment I think (although I multiply by 2 and then throw away the 2 least significant digits :) )

I'll just wait for Stanford to change their psummary files.

Kinnison.

Associate
I've also created a detailed instruction page for Linux users on how to compile FahMon correctly. In theory it should be impossible for anyone to go wrong if they read the instructions carefully ;)

I can't find them:confused:
Can someone point me to the trail of breadcrumbs. Ta

Soldato
Where can I get a projects file with windows smp projects? Is the default one meant to have them?

Just realised I can run this on the 805d. It might be feasible if the points are right, even with its excessive power consumption :)

Soldato
You know how it's hard to find certain things in the log just by scimming? A really nice feature would be to colour code different lines, much like code editors do. For example, the actual crunchy bits could be pushed back a bit as grey, eue's in red, SSE and clone/run/gen numbers in a different colour as they are of interest. That sort of thing.

Associate
OP
joeyjojo said:
You know how it's hard to find certain things in the log just by scimming? A really nice feature would be to colour code different lines, much like code editors do. For example, the actual crunchy bits could be pushed back a bit as grey, eue's in red, SSE and clone/run/gen numbers in a different colour as they are of interest. That sort of thing.

That would be quite nice. I'm not sure if the text control currently used for the log can cope with that sort of thing though.

Soldato
joeyjojo said:
Where can I get a projects file with windows smp projects? Is the default one meant to have them?

Just realised I can run this on the 805d. It might be feasible if the points are right, even with its excessive power consumption :)
I tried it on an 820 and it made the deadlines but there was a huge amount of warm air coming out of the case. I bought an E4300 in the MM and sold the 820 there as well.

Associate
Now I'm getting "Another Instance of Fahmon is already running" when I try to run it.... but there isn't :(
It probably got shutdown improperly last time, and some file is saying it's still open.... god knows what file it is though. <sigh> Linux, I love it.

Kinnison.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
kinnison said:
Now I'm getting "Another Instance of Fahmon is already running" when I try to run it.... but there isn't :(
It probably got shutdown improperly last time, and some file is saying it's still open.... god knows what file it is though. <sigh> Linux, I love it.

Kinnison.

Check in the system tray - the latest version minimises to the system tray - the icon looks like this:

dialog_icon.png

Stan :)

Associate
OP
kinnison said:

Kinnison.

I happens occasionally, and not just on Linux.

To fix it in Linux, you need to delete a lock file that is hidden in your home directory. The file is called ".FahMon__LOCK__"

The easiest way to get rid of it is to fire up a terminal and issue (its way simpler than enabling show hidden files, then disabling it again)

Code:
rm -f ~/.FahMon__LOCK__

Associate
Yup, thanks, that worked!
I know I can look at "hidden" files by doing a "ls -a" .. just didn't realise it was that LOCK file that was causing the problem.

Kinnison.

Back
Top Bottom