Failing ASRock P67 Pro3 with 2500k - Way forward...

Associate
Hi all,

Not built a PC since the one in the title many years ago so after some help please.

Currently have an ASRock P67 Pro3 with 2500k - GT 1030, 16g ram (DDR3)

My issue is that the ASRock P67 Pro3 seems to be failing or has support issues with Windows 10. It crashes at least once a day so I am thinking of upgrading. Apart from that its fine for what I use it for.

At the moment I don't game at all so I really only need something of comparable performance.

Do I switch completely and go for a B450 MB with something like Ryzen 3200g for now giving me plenty of scope for upgrading later. This should be a relatively cheap upgrade (< £250ish) especially if I can then get 40 quid back by selling the GT 1030.

or

Do I get replacement MB for the 2500k? But what can I get now? Is there anything new that supports a 2500k and DDR3 or is second hand my only option? Will Windows 10 support still be an issue? if second hand what MB models should I consider?

Any thoughts.

Thanks

Andy

Soldato
I wouldn’t be putting any significant money into a platform that old.

Have you thoroughly tested the memory? That is something that would be cheap to fix.

Caporegime
Second hand z68/z77 board on eBay if you're otherwise happy with the system. :)

But you need to make sure it is actually the board first. I think software, driver, memory or drive issues are all more likely.

Associate
OP
Its the B2 version of the board and ASRock support themselves have said to me/intimated that it has issues with Windows 10 (like instability, not being able to upgrade to W10-2004 which always fails.
It's not the RAM. I've swapped RAM with other machine and still happens.

Lol - Two answers, two opinions. My dilemma exactly. :)

Caporegime
I don't see any point replacing the whole core system if you could just replace the motherboard.

Just had a quick look and there is a nice P8Z68-V Pro on eBay right now for £50. I have the same board and am running Windows 10 with no issues.

Back
Top Bottom