Failing GPU?

Soldato
MacBook Pro 8 months old, only back a few weeks ago from having a new buttercrap keyboard fitted that failed.

I noticed some artefacts when scrolling through photos the other day and it's still doing it. You're hard pressed to see them but they're definitely there when scrolling. It has also crashed twice today, the dock responds but you can't move any windows or click on anything.

Ran diagnostics and it says everything is normal. Any ideas?

Soldato
OP
It's also covered for 2 years as I bought it from a well known high street retailer.

It has been fine today. Will wait and see how it behaves over the next week or so - no rush as above warranty deadline is ages away. The artefacts in photos are very hard to see but they're definitely there if you look closely.

Soldato
OP
Yeah but if it's going to need a logic board, I'd much rather have it dealt with directly by Apple rather than [I assume] John Lewis.

Yeah this is very true. It has been absolutely fine this week but as I said the artefacts are there in Photos. I'm going to be doing some heavy CPU intensive work in Lightroom over the weekend so will see how it holds up then.

Back
Top Bottom