Famous people you've gamed with?

Soldato
Yeah I only know who jackfrags is because I used to watch a ton of Battefield stuff. I've heard of pewdepie and ninja but I've never watched any of their content. I suppose that makes them famous if I know their names outside of what they actually do. Apart from DF stuff - which I quite enjoy - I don't really use YouTube all that much.

Man of Honour
Wow! How well did you do against those guys and where did you play them?

I barely got a hit on Diago, he read me like a book. I played him at the launch of Ultra Street Fighter IV in Akihabara in Japan many months before the game came out on consoles.

Ono was at a London tournament for SFIV and just tried to troll people he played. I’m not sure anyone lost to him :p

I think playing these people in person counts for a lot more than playing “famous” people online.

If we’re talking just meeting celebrities I’ve met Hulk Hogan, Katie Price, and James Corden amongst others. They were all chance encounters at London hotels that I stayed at for work.

Soldato
During lockdown we spent a lot of time with our next door neighbours and became good friends. He's a journalist and author, has written 9 books and has many newspaper columns. Mainly covers the middle east, not a household name but he has been a guest on Rogan's podcast. Big Star Wars fan. Gave him a go on Rogue Squadron on PSVR after a few beers and he went home sick after 20 minutes :D

Associate
During lockdown we spent a lot of time with our next door neighbours and became good friends. He's a journalist and author, has written 9 books and has many newspaper columns. Mainly covers the middle east, not a household name but he has been a guest on Rogan's podcast. Big Star Wars fan. Gave him a go on Rogue Squadron on PSVR after a few beers and he went home sick after 20 minutes :D

er..that was probably the covid. ;)

Back
Top Bottom