Fan Splitters

Associate
Hi guys. I currently have a good few Corsair SP120 RED LED Quiet Edition fans. These are the 3 pin versions.

I'm curious is they such thing as a splitter i can buy that goes into a 4 pin PWM so i can control the speed of the fans please?

Associate
The NZXT Grid+ will, which I use to control my non-PWM fans with. Even works with fan splitters, so with the six outputs on mine I actually control the speed of 8 fans.

Associate
OP
The NZXT Grid+ will, which I use to control my non-PWM fans with. Even works with fan splitters, so with the six outputs on mine I actually control the speed of 8 fans.
Brilliant. I like the look of that more. The software looks really good as well!

Associate
Yes the NZXT software is good, the only downside I've personally seen is updating the software appears to not allow it to work (I get round this by downloading and installing from new). Apart from that very minor downside, it's a great bit of kit.

Associate
OP
Yes the NZXT software is good, the only downside I've personally seen is updating the software appears to not allow it to work (I get round this by downloading and installing from new). Apart from that very minor downside, it's a great bit of kit.
Awesome, thanks again. Just about to place an order for this. I would have had to of spent £7 on splitters anyway, so it's worth it just to be able to use the software and set each fan to what ever RPM i want!

Soldato
Awesome, thanks again. Just about to place an order for this. I would have had to of spent £7 on splitters anyway, so it's worth it just to be able to use the software and set each fan to what ever RPM i want!
Did you order the grid+ or the grid+ v2? Only the V2 allows different voltages across the 6 fan channels, the plus uses a single voltage for all the channels.

Software wise I gave up with CAM nearly a year ago - absolute trash bloatware that seems to be getting worse and worse. A quick glance at user reviews seem to have similar experiences.

Personally I use Grid Control which is a very lightweight app that reads a temperature from OpenHardwareMonitor and changes the voltage of the controller thus changing fan speeds.

Associate
OP
Did you order the grid+ or the grid+ v2? Only the V2 allows different voltages across the 6 fan channels, the plus uses a single voltage for all the channels.

Software wise I gave up with CAM nearly a year ago - absolute trash bloatware that seems to be getting worse and worse. A quick glance at user reviews seem to have similar experiences.

Personally I use Grid Control which is a very lightweight app that reads a temperature from OpenHardwareMonitor and changes the voltage of the controller thus changing fan speeds.
Hey bud I ordered the grid+ V2 but I'm half tempted to send it back as my asus motherboard can control fans and change the RPM via the ASUS SUITE. I don't really see the need for the grid+ in this instance.

Associate
Yes, though as you've said you can also plug your CPU fans into your Motherboard which will allow the Corsair Link software to vary the speed.

Soldato
Personally I use the grid only with nothing attached to my motherboard and fan speeds dependent on GPU temp. However I am on a custom loop and the GPU is the only thing that outputs enough heat to warrant raising fan speeds.

Back
Top Bottom