fan

Associate
thinking of getting the, be quiet! Pure Base 600 black it has two fans installed,one front one back,
where is the best place to mount the 3rd,back one looks like an extracting fan, so could i place one in front along with the other one ,so two front blowing to the one extracting, would this be ok. thanks

Soldato
I run three 120mm intake, rear 120mm exhaust, and keep the top vent closed. But then I'm water cooling in my PB600.

You can move the fans to wherever you like on the case.

Associate
OP
I run three 120mm intake, rear 120mm exhaust, and keep the top vent closed. But then I'm water cooling in my PB600.

You can move the fans to wherever you like on the case.
i dont have water cooling ...might do later, but for now air only this is the system in using
MONITOR..pro-lite X2775 HDS
CPU AMD RYZEN 3600
MOTHERBOARD...B450 TOMAHAWK MAX
GPU radeon rx 590 gaming 8gb
RAM.. DD4 2X8 16 GB 3200MHZ
psu corsair rm750x
ssd corsair nvme pcle mp510 960g
500gb ssd 1terebite hdd
case ASGARD PRO GAMING CASE - BLACk..im trying to keep it cool as bsod playing red dead redempting 2 and playing dirt4.
so hope new case will help.

Soldato
Should find airflow needs are similar - the tricky thing is getting fresh air in. The front vents are quite small and restrictive. Here's what I learned setting up my case:

- temps are better with the two 5.25" bay covers off

- air can escape back around the gaps in the front panel - I covered them with foam, card and black tape.

- internal case temperatures were lower if I sealed the top vent and setup front to back airflow. Can feel cool air coming out of all the openings at rear so venting seems sufficient.

I've got a wiring setup where the fan controller sets voltage and the motherboard sets PWM so there's a limited maximum speed, and continuous adjustment down to 300RPM :)

Back
Top Bottom