1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fanless HTPC case

Discussion in 'Case Central' started by ver01@, Sep 17, 2018.

1. ver01@

Gangster

Looking to build a silent HTPC that will be able to play the occasional game at 4k (got a mini 1080).
    Would the Streacom DB4 be ok?

2. koooowweeee

Mobster

Would be a interesting build log for me. But rather than fanless maybe some (one/two) really slow silent fans ?

3. ver01@

Gangster

I wouldn't mind a "lazy" 140mm or bigger fan - if it can fit

4. CageyH

Associate

I have just set out to upgrade my fanless music server for my HiFi, which is hidden behind the TV.
    I am using an old Fractal Design R5 case, as it is nice and quiet.

I currently have a Q9550 cpu on an Asus P5K mobo running 8Gb of ram, which I am thinking of upgrading.

I want to transfer my Zalman FX70 across to cool the new CPU, and use a couple of quiet Noctua fans that I have to shift air through the case.

Sound card wise I have an Asus Xonar Essence card upgradraded with Burson Audio V6 vivid Opamps.

There is also an old Asus HD6950 (?) Direct CU graphics card, that I either want to replace or get rid of with onboard graphics, as I don’t use the PC for movies.

So a few question, what is a good mobo/cpu combo with a low TDP for my needs?
    Is there a reasonable quality, but cheap passively cooled graphics card that has VGA and HDMI out?