1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fanless PSU up to 400w

Discussion in 'Power Supplies' started by ver01@, Nov 10, 2018.

1. ver01@

Gangster

Any suggestions? Only need one PCI-E in case I use a graphics card.

2. lee32uk

Underboss

Why do you need a fanless psu ? They are usually very expensive compared to non fanless power supplies. A lot of units have hybrid fan mode these days so the fan won't even spin up until a certain load/temp is reached.

3. ver01@

Gangster

Because there are no other fans and I believe fanless PSU's are of better build quality with better components.

4. lee32uk

Underboss

I wouldn't say they have better build quality. There are lots of high end power supplies that are not fanless.

What specs are you going to be running ? And what sort of gpu are you looking to add later ?

You could get something like a Bitfenix Whisper 450W for example for £75 if you don't need a lot of wattage.

5. ver01@

Gangster

I would think that if a PSU is expected to run at higher temperatures the components will have to be of higher quality. With a 400w PSU I will have 350W for the GPU so I guess I should be able to add almost any GPU.

6. Quartz

Soldato

7. ver01@

Gangster

had a look but out of stock

8. ver01@

Gangster

Will check the Nightjar ones

9. lee32uk

Underboss

The design is different. That doesn't mean better components. If you go and read a review of the Seasonic Fanless you will see that it uses Nippon-Chemi con caps amongst others. Go look at a review of something like a Corsair RMi and you will see the same/similar caps used i.e Japanese.

If you want to pay double the price for Fanless then that is your choice of course. If it was Me I would just get a good hybrid unit.