Fans and Controllers

Associate
Hey guys,

So tomorrow I start my build of a new machine.

I will be using the Antec P280 case, the H100i CPU cooler and some extra fans.

1x Extraction - Back wall of case, by I/O ports on MOBO (Stock) (Pull)
2x Extraction - Ceiling of case, above CPU (stock) (Pull)
1x Extraction - PSU (stock)

2x Inhale - Front of case at wall side of HDD bays
2x Inhale - Front of case behind HDD bay

2x Inhale - Radiator of H100i (Push)

Here is the thing, I would like a controller which can control all of the 4 fans pulling air into the case (1,2,3 and 4)

The 3 fans in the top left hand side of the case extracting air will be controlled with the standard switch on the back of the case.

The two fans pushing air onto the radiator for the CPU will be controlled by the Corsair Link software.

Here is a little diagram of what I mean.

ztw0fn.png

Any recommendations for which controller to get?
I have bought 4x Antec TrueCool 120mm fans so they match the ones already in the case.

I have never hooked up a controller, Do I just connect the power from the PSU to the power input on the controller and then just plug each fan into the controller and then wallaa! It's done?

Thanks in advance,
Kristopher

Associate
First off I would say to try and remove one of the hard drive cages if possible to get maximum airflow through the case.

As per fan controllers, I have a Lamptron FC-9 http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BB-008-LP&groupid=701&catid=2331&subcat=189 (the one with sliding dials). It is an excellent controller, Lamptron in general make very high quality products as far as I'm aware.

Yes, that's how you do mine at least. Mine uses 3 molex plugs from the PSU and then you can just plug your fans in to the controller and off you go, it really is that easy. What I would say is make sure you have enough wattage per channel, as you're only running 4-6 fans or so of it you should be fine with most things, just as usual check before buying and read a few reviews.

Soldato
You will have to disassemble your PSU to reverse it's fan to blow air out the bottom. Stock is sucking air into fan and blowing out back.

Soldato
Aah I remember the days when you could pick up stock Antec fans for less than £2 and now they are £10.

As for the PSU, that's probably just the op misunderstanding which way the fan actually vents.

Soldato
LOL
I still have several Tri-Cool fans I got for £1.49 each. Some are slide and some are knob control. Wife's computer has 4 running in it 24/7 for almost 2 years now.

Back
Top Bottom