Fans not working

Associate
Hi guys,

Today i have connected my fans to the motherboard. Ive got 1 140mm PWM (4pin) and 4 120mm standards(3pins). Ive connected them to my headers that are named RAD_FAN which are the only ones on the board ( Maximus Extreme XII) apart from water pump headers. When i rebooted and opened fan xpert4 and later bios only one of the connected 5 showed up for no apparent reason. Ive checked many vids to see if theres any other headers, but there werent. My question is what should i do about it? or anyone has an answer to why this happened? Thanks.

Ive been pointed out to use a splitter but in my mind this shouldnt be needed as i have many headers
Also i was told to use the hub but then again whats the point of multiple headers if i am not going to use them?

Associate
OP
Theres CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT headers, but theres only 2 of them and one of the slots is occupied by the h150i that i forgot mentioning. But even if the 2 slots were available it wouldnt cover the 5 connections that i have on 5 of my fans. Without the CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT theres mass of RAD_FAN headers that cant be used from what i understand? Or is there a way to make things work? I do have the case controller and a separate fan extension card that came with the mobo that i could hook up if theres no other way of making things work

EDIT: On the ROG page itself when u click on the header section it displays 3pin or 4pin PWM/DC connections on the mobo so i thought it is fine connecting them there
EDIT 2: On further inspeciton i found that heres 2 CHA_FAN headers, but i would still need 3 more

Last edited:
Permabanned
IMO Rad_Fans will be the same things but higher current available so if you connect a Radiator with2x Fans and Pump to 1 header it does not pull too much current.

You can plug then in and try it.

Associate
OP
Reconnected the 2 fans (one on the side to the CHA_FAN and one in the back to CHA_FAN), reconnected 3 fans to RAD_FAN and now the app seems to see the RAD_FAN as a complete unit and that suits me as i can control them all like a pack (they were running full speed before). Thanks John for pointing out those headers.

Back
Top Bottom