FAO: Jinxy or anyone - NEED HELP with PDA/Ipaq

Soldato
I've just bought an Ipaq off the members market (model 3870) all was going very well and everything functioning as it should...but then I messed it up BIG TIME! :(

The problem is this:

The SD card slot does not function any more! I know the card has still got all my stuff on it cause I've checked in a card reader, but i cant see it so when it boots it isn't loading any of my software because it is all on the card. It's as if I dont even have an SD slot on the machine now!

The reason in this: (I think)

I accidentally deleted a file it loaded at startup becuase I thought it was something else.

In startup there are the following files now:
/windows/startup:

aFlashman
ARI_ENG
cFlashman
EVMON
poutlook
vBar
WICUI

There was one more file, but I've deleted it thinking it was "HandyMasters HandyShortcuts" Which I was trying to uninstall. I can't remember the exact name of the file, all I know is that I'm pretty sure it had a double H in it along with some underscores so I thought ah that will be handyhandy. But it wasnt, it was obviously something that is needed to read the SD card slot.

PLEASE HELP ME :(

This thing is brand new to me and I'm gutted :( I don't know what to do, all I know is that if it can be fixed i will make a backup before i tinker next time :(

Cheers all,

G

Soldato
OP
i clicked the little reset button but every time it boots it tried to load all my software, but it cant see the SD card anymore so it cant do it :(

Soldato
You need to hard reset it to restore it to factory settings. That'll replace any files you deleted in the Windows folder.

IPAQs normally hard reset by pressing the contacts and calendar buttons and inserting the stylus to soft reset, all at the same time.

soft reset = reboot
hard reset = format and reinstall

With a hard reset you will loose all your contacts and calendar info and any installed apps. So backup as much as you can.

Apps that need to load during startup shouldn't be installed on an a card, e.g. Today screen apps. There is a delay before the cards initialise which will cause errors.

Soldato
OP
THANK YOU!!!! :D

Thought I'd mullered it then! Gotta start from scratch now but atleast its workin! :D

Cheers mate :)

Back
Top Bottom