Far Cry 3 Thread

Soldato
FC3 is great for snipering and stealth at enemy camps, but walking from camp to camp is a bit of a bore, it's all the same, there's nothing to do, you just stroll around admiring the view and shooting at Dingos!

the enemy camps are ok but too small, i would have half of these much larger and throw in a mountain top Fortress, a Harbour, a massive ammo dump and a huge research facility, just to add variety.

Soldato
FC3 is great for snipering and stealth at enemy camps, but walking from camp to camp is a bit of a bore, it's all the same, there's nothing to do, you just stroll around admiring the view and shooting at Dingos!

the enemy camps are ok but too small, i would have half of these much larger and throw in a mountain top Fortress, a Harbour, a massive ammo dump and a huge research facility, just to add variety.

Go hunting! I would have loved a massive ammo dump too.

Soldato
Can anyone offer any advice on how to get the game running stutter free? My specs in my signature.

On mostly high settings, the game looks pretty ugly in places and doesn't run great.

Soldato
Go hunting! I would have loved a massive ammo dump too.

there's a large deserted harbor on the southern island, i like to hang around there and destroy the vehicles as they go past, you can stay in one location for ages and destroy about 20 vehicles, it's really good fun

the camps are ok, but road junctions are more fun and better for stalking/ setting up traps.

Soldato
Can anyone offer any advice on how to get the game running stutter free? My specs in my signature.

On mostly high settings, the game looks pretty ugly in places and doesn't run great.
That's weird. Far Cry 3 looked pretty good on my system and the biggest difference between our systems is your processor is newer than mine and running a lot faster. Have you got the latest drivers for your graphics card? Are you leaving other programs running in the background?

Soldato

it seems to me that your card is a bit short of power...but i'm not sure though

when i play and i'm in a busy fight the fans speed up quite a lot, it doesn't like it (even OCd ), but in any other game the pc is silent...but i'm not sure about Crysis. it's a bit odd though, because it's only grass/plants and sky, i cant see why it's so graphic intensive, but it definitely is.

Last edited:
Soldato

when i play and i'm in a busy fight the fans speed up quite a lot, it doesn't like it (even OCd ), but in any other game the pc is silent...but i'm not sure about Crysis. it's a bit odd though, because it's only grass/plants and sky, i cant see why it's so graphic intensive, but it definitely is.

When you say short of power, do you mean I need a better gfx card?

Aod

Aod

Soldato

When you say short of power, do you mean I need a better gfx card?

I doubt that's the case. I'm running the game with a 7870, only slightly faster than his card but I'm driving a 2560x1440 monitor, game's running flawlessly. His monitor is 1920x1080, which is only 56% the number of pixels :eek:

Other than the slight difference in Graphics card, the only thing in your PC that isn't faster or better than mine is that I have 32GB of ram to your 8GB. Try adding more ram if you can?

Last edited:
Soldato
I doubt that's the case. I'm running the game with a 7870, only slightly faster than his card but I'm driving a 2560x1440 monitor, game's running flawlessly. His monitor is 1920x1080, which is only 56% the number of pixels :eek:

Other than the slight difference in Graphics card, the only thing in your PC that isn't faster or better than mine is that I have 32GB of ram to your 8GB. Try adding more ram if you can?

Can PC games actually use more than 8GB RAM? :|

Aod

Aod

Soldato
Can PC games actually use more than 8GB RAM? :|

A 64-bit executable can allocate 2GB of static memory and up to 8TB of dynamic memory. Aside from that, Bare in mind that all the other memory-using applications on your computer don't disappear when you're running a game, unless you close them first of course.

Generally speaking, I've found that the more RAM a system has, the better it functions. I found there was a noticeable but not substantial improvement in overall smoothness going from 16GB to 32GB as even less data got paged out to disk.

<edit>
Apparently FC3's executable is only 32-bit. Please disregard statements about 64-bit.

Last edited:
Soldato
any news on FC4 yet?

no, but they're deffo making it.

i've been at the Airfield all yesterday :D going back and forth to restock ammo/ health etc.... it's amazing, i've not been anywhere else :eek:

if you walk up and down the runway the AI respawns all the time, i'm using the grenade launcher, the RPG, sniper and Assult, this is the most fun i've had in ages.

Soldato
A 64-bit executable can allocate 2GB of static memory and up to 8TB of dynamic memory. Aside from that, Bare in mind that all the other memory-using applications on your computer don't disappear when you're running a game, unless you close them first of course.

Generally speaking, I've found that the more RAM a system has, the better it functions. I found there was a noticeable but not substantial improvement in overall smoothness going from 16GB to 32GB as even less data got paged out to disk.

<edit>
Apparently FC3's executable is only 32-bit. Please disregard statements about 64-bit.

Whatever the case, FC3 definitely isn't as smooth as Dishonored or Borderlands 2, it runs more like Crysis, it probably has coding faults because you often see textures loading slowly and what looks like screen tearing, but FC3 is more graphics intensive than Dishonored anyway; so there you go

it could be memory, or my ASrock mobo, because that mobo deffo has faults, it's nowhere near as good as my last MSI, i was warned not to get it, but i had to because i needed a replacement under guarantee for my last ASrock, either that or pay 170 quid for an MSI....it could have memory leaks.

Last edited:
Soldato
FC4 is mentioned on IGN PC today; but nothing major just gossip, they said ``not just FC4 but future FC games``, so things look pretty healthy for the Franchise. my guess is it wont be out this year it's too quiet for release this year, or is it; i'm not sure

because you only need a press release nowadays and it's all over the Web by a week later, just like Blood Dragon, so the Lead time might only need to be two months !

Soldato

<edit>

if anyone else is having problems i might know what it is, because mine is running fine now:-

remove the Memory sticks, clean the long contact and swap them over, so that the sticks are not in the same slots as before.

my pc is dead quiet in a busy fight now... the textures are loading instantly and the screen tears have disappeared

i've had this fault for at least a year !!!!! ::eek:

Back
Top Bottom