• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

FarCry Artifacts...

Permabanned
FarCry Issues...

Seem to be getting FarCry artifacts with the water, seems to happen only with this game. I have tried lowering settings etc but it still stays the same, tried updating FarCry as well but same issue.

farcry0000ez8.jpg

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Okay first off I couldn't change the render mode it is greyed out. I can't seem to choose between the other render modes paradice, improved, cold etc it says not supported.

Im not long back, but I've been doing small tests here and there with settings on FarCry for the last 30 mins or so and so far the problem lies within the Water setting. So I maxed out every setting and then lowered the water to low. It displayed none of that from the first pic, it displayed a liquid type of water, meaning like some sort of blue chrome texture, so I moved it to medium and it displayed what it should display, proper water. Can't seem to move it any higher then medium otherwise it does what it does in the first screenshot.

It works, however why can't I put it higher than medium for water without it showing that weird texture from my first post in the water, I don't think its artifacts it looks like some sort of fuzzy glitch or something.

Im running patch 1.3 or something. So the question, why or how can I not get the water above medium setting without it displaying that buggy water?

Permabanned
OP
Dammit now it won't extract, I hit extract to desktop and it comes up a diagnostic message:

the # is 0 and the message is wherver if I try to install it to C: desktop, makes no sense? I've tried extracting to other folders etc but it keeps coming up # 0 with the message of where its to extract thats it? wtf?

The message is displaying where the file was downloaded to (my desktop) and after that it says "is not supported archive"

?

Permabanned
OP
MeatLoaf said:
Well ive just installed the 1.4 patch and it is now perfect. :)

Hmm I have the v1.3 patch I'll update to the 1.4 patch.

Really it must be because FarCry is a couple of years old and at the time the latest cards now weren't there back a couple of years ago so I think I'll try the same with GRAW where it keeps re-booting my pc when I go to start a new game. I like GRAW but never could really play it that great had it all on low and it wasn't really that amazing.

Anyway cheers for the help to everyone.

Back
Top Bottom