Farewell - I'm leaving you all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Freefaller said:
Best way is to take US dollars. Pesos cannot be changed anywhere but Cuba and are worthless when you leave too.

Also don't drink the tap water, there is a very minor threat of dengue from mosquitos too. You don't have to worry about Malaria in Cuba. You should get your Hep A vaccine too, or a booster. Rabies and typhoid are worthwhile getting a booster too.

I heard after a bit of an arguement between the US and Cuba, Cuba now change US dollars one for one CUCs but charge a conversion surcharge, where as with sterling or Euros they dont. Apparently in Varadero they even accept Euros although no where in Cuba now accept dollars for goods and services anymore. :confused:

Man of Honour
OP
Bear said:
I heard after a bit of an arguement between the US and Cuba, Cuba now change US dollars one for one CUCs but charge a conversion surcharge, where as with sterling or Euros they dont. Apparently in Varadero they even accept Euros although no where in Cuba now accept dollars for goods and services anymore. :confused:

I heard Euros might be accepting in places too now. Big hotels will accept credit cards, euros and dollars. It's often better to try and get some pesos as you'll get a better rate - if you can speak spanish and if you haggle a bit you'll get local prices rather than inflated tourist prices. Fortunately Roz is fluent in spanish, mine isn't too bad so we should get on ok. I'll give a debrief when I get back and see if I can shed any light on any more of the questions that you might have? At the moment I'm speaking from research principles only ;)

Soldato
Freefaller said:
I heard Euros might be accepting in places too now. Big hotels will accept credit cards, euros and dollars. It's often better to try and get some pesos as you'll get a better rate - if you can speak spanish and if you haggle a bit you'll get local prices rather than inflated tourist prices. Fortunately Roz is fluent in spanish, mine isn't too bad so we should get on ok. I'll give a debrief when I get back and see if I can shed any light on any more of the questions that you might have? At the moment I'm speaking from research principles only ;)

hehe me too :D Any info when you get back is most appreciated

Man of Honour
Freefaller said:
I don't like the uniform they make you wear though :p I hear the showers are a bit cramped too....

AJUK - no jumps whilst there, will probably do some dives (scuba) instead though :) I can't be bothered to take my rig all the way there :p

Lol. Travel light, just trunks and a bottle of Bacardi. :D

Man of Honour
OP
well our flight is delayed and Roz is eyeing up the shops... oh dear. i feel a getting dragged round the shops feeling! :( typical really, i go on holiday and i get delayed! i must resist duty free! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom