US: Fargo

Associate
That's the only word I could think of for what I was trying to explain. It is obviously is linked to the film in some kind of way.... Hence I referred to it as an adaption. Do you have anything further to add?

Man of Honour
Great mix of dark comedy and superb acting, musical score and cinematics. The acting was a nobrainer given the stars involved. Really wasn't on my watchlist until the other day when someone brought it up elsewhere and I thought I'd give it a shot. Will re-watch the film this week.

Easily one of the best pilots I've seen in a long time and that's alongside others I'm watching or watched (Hannibal True Detective etc).

Soldato
I can never get past Freeman being anything other than 'that guy in The Office', even when wearing furry feet or being Sherlock's pet, so I was in no hurry to be disappointed by the first episode. However I just watched it and was able to suspend my Freemanphobia for long enough to enjoy that rather a lot.

I even laughed out loud when the female police officer tackled the older son in the garden. I was obviously expecting intervention, but not a flying tackle. That made me laugh out loud, which doesn't happen very often these days.
I'm looking forward to seeing if they can sustain that kind of momentum.

Soldato
Watched the first two episodes on 4OD last night and it's safe to say I'm hooked.

I've not seen the original film so can't judge by way of comparison but the TV series is pretty funny.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
gave it a bash and awesome show so far!

Can tell it will be a short and sweet series though but thornton is epic in this so are all of them play their parts quite well.

Man of Honour
Watched the original movie today, seen it before but it definitely helps give a better sense of the whole series so far as I'd forgotten a lot of what happened in the film. So many good scenes too.

Back
Top Bottom