"fast" cars with low insurance groups

Permabanned
I see a lot of threads on here with people wanting info on how fast they can go for a budget or what the best car for £x and i was wondering what cars are out there that are fast and dont leave you with a lubed up bum.

As yet the only car i have come across are the nissan primera gt and the seat toldeo, but what else is out their as even the primera isn't supercheap,

or am i barking up the wrong tree?

Soldato
Just go for something out of the ordinary. Typically "fast" cars that young 'uns buy are expensive to insure because they're popular and get pranged often.

Jez used to insure a 3litre Omega cheaply a few years back, certainly no slouch.

Man of Honour
The other good thing is that if you've got no experience you dont need a fast car becuase everything you get in feels fast until you get used to it. I used to think my old Xantia was a rocketship when the turbo spooled up - in actual fact the performance it offers is dire in every possible way but all I had to compare it to was the 1.8D Fiesta I learnt to drive in.

So don't dive right in with something quick, take advantage of the fact you'd get quite a lot of enjoyment out of something slower and cheaper to run first. Then upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom