• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Faulty 3070 :-(

Associate
On a similar note I've now RMA'd my faulty 3070 and I'm position 38 for a replacement. I guess I'm at the back of the queue then... Stings a bit if I'm honest!

Caporegime
Well, the people who haven't even had a card yet would probably be pretty upset if he skipped the queue they're currently stuck in, wouldn't you say?

no i wouldn't say... He paid for a working card. He should get a 5 working day turn around if its RMA from OCUK.
Who cares if they are upset? What on earth do peoples feelings have to do with it lol.
So yeah, no..... i would expect it replaced as normal.
Not some kind of Xen Hippy commune queuing system to all suckle on the teat of Nvidia.

Associate
no i wouldn't say... He paid for a working card. He should get a 5 working day turn around if its RMA from OCUK.
Who cares if they are upset? What on earth do peoples feelings have to do with it lol.
So yeah, no..... i would expect it replaced as normal.
Not some kind of Xen Hippy commune queuing system to all suckle on the teat of Nvidia.

Those people also paid, and they haven't even had a card yet, that was my point. :rolleyes:

Associate
They don't pay until its shipped.
And even if they have, prepaid (stupid) that's still irrelevant... In my opinion

I guess we agree to disagree.

Are we talking about OcUK or another retailer here? Because OcUK take payment immediately, which I can confirm looking at my banking app right this very moment.

Caporegime
JEsus.... really? ok more fool you then.

Good for Caseking\OCUK! they must be making a killing putting 10s of £1000s into short term investments while u sit here like muppets :p

Associate
JEsus.... really? ok more fool you then.

Good for Caseking\OCUK! they must be making a killing putting 10s of £1000s into short term investments while u sit here like muppets :p

More fool me? Mate, my 6800 will be here next week, and confirmed by CS, which is more than can be said for a lot of folks it would seem.

I would much prefer a payment after post system, as used by the rainforest, but they never have any stock so it's swings and roundabouts. :cool:

Caporegime
Sorry, it wasn't a personal you more a plural you. Lol
So if your 6800 is doa, You're cool about waiting another 4-8 weeks?
Honestly good for you......
2020 has been an exceptional year for the bs people will blindly take.

Associate
Sorry, it wasn't a personal you more a plural you. Lol
So if your 6800 is doa, You're cool about waiting another 4-8 weeks?
Honestly good for you......
2020 has been an exceptional year for the bs people will blindly take.

I wouldn't be happy about it, but what can you do if the stock situation is so awful? A situation which is ultimately the manufacturer's fault. I suspect retailers would dearly love to get their hands on enough to match demand!

Associate
Is not how economy works, new customers got priority due simple reason
it is going to be a new income money for the seller. On the other hand, an RMA is simply stagnant because it will not bring more economic benefits.
actullay OC are giving people who RMA priority from what i have heard

Associate
On a similar note I've now RMA'd my faulty 3070 and I'm position 38 for a replacement. I guess I'm at the back of the queue then... Stings a bit if I'm honest!
Where did you get the 38 from?

Other people who have RMA'd other cards have said they get the updates with queue position showing them at the back, but OCUK have confirmed they aren't and are actually at the front.

Might be worth double checking with customer services.

It sounds like it could be a work around so that people in the queue don't move up places when people RMA and OCUK don't get any stock in.

Associate
Where did you get the 38 from?

Other people who have RMA'd other cards have said they get the updates with queue position showing them at the back, but OCUK have confirmed they aren't and are actually at the front.

Might be worth double checking with customer services.

It sounds like it could be a work around so that people in the queue don't move up places when people RMA and OCUK don't get any stock in.

Last time I hijack this thead! Yes I confirmed with support that whilst the automated system says I'm 38, I should be first in line for a replacement.

Soldato
OP
Just to bring this thread to a conclusion, those who pointed at my PSU as a possible cause seem to have been right. It wasn't the RAM.

I've just installed a Super Flower Leadex iii 750W and everything is now working properly.

@baffleHat I hope you got your RMA sorted.

Back
Top Bottom