Faulty/Stuck/Blurry pixel disappears on monitor.

Associate
So im putting my monitor on the bay, I bought my LG 32" 2560x1440 G sync from OCUK from the B grade clearance section, they didn't guarantee me it had dead pixels but said i can return it in 30 days

SO when I received it I checked it and there were 2 stuck or blurry pixels, they were not dead but a different tone of colour from the other pixels

It was only noticeable on a white background, you could not see it while gaming or watching videos

I know it was there because it was clearly visible, i didn't return the monitor because i got it very cheap compared to the RRP

Now I have tested the monitor after 12 months or so, I cannot find the faulty pixels, I used websites and utube vids checking for the fault in a white red green ect back ground

Is it possible that somehow faulty pixels get corrected? will they re-appear?

I can sell as excellent condition but I dont want the buyer moaning at me

Soldato
If they were 'stuck' they can become unstuck. Dead pixels are black, so clearly they weren't that. Lucky that the problem did go away. You can always mention when selling that it used to have a problem, just in case it reoccurs, but no way to know how likely that is.

Associate
You got quite lucky. As Legend said they were just stuck pixels. Probably from normal usage you managed to tease them back to life. There are websites that have animations that can try to repair stuck pixels by playing a constant mix of colours. Hard to say if they will reappear.

It is up to yourself if you want to mention it. As it probably doesnt have warranty anymore and at the point of sale it doesn't have any stuck pixels, then you can argue there is no need.

Associate
OP
You got quite lucky. As Legend said they were just stuck pixels. Probably from normal usage you managed to tease them back to life. There are websites that have animations that can try to repair stuck pixels by playing a constant mix of colours. Hard to say if they will reappear.

It is up to yourself if you want to mention it. As it probably doesnt have warranty anymore and at the point of sale it doesn't have any stuck pixels, then you can argue there is no need.
ahh i see that makes perfect sense, then the pixels self corrected it self, which is good because when i buy a new monitor ill give it some burn in time

i did see a video where peopl fix dead pixels by flashing a flash light on the dead pixel to recharge and reset, to many ppl commenting this is a quick fix

i wont mention it as its been a year now.

thanks

Associate
ahh i see that makes perfect sense, then the pixels self corrected it self, which is good because when i buy a new monitor ill give it some burn in time

i did see a video where peopl fix dead pixels by flashing a flash light on the dead pixel to recharge and reset, to many ppl commenting this is a quick fix

i wont mention it as its been a year now.

thanks

No worries, you're probably not losing much selling it on as fully working since you got it for cheap initally. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom