Faulty Team Group Dark Pro "8Pack Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-28800C16 3600MHz?

Associate
I've have a set of RAM in the title and when I enable the xmp profile it cause hard locks to my system. I've tried to overclock the memory but whenever I do it hard locks my system. Has anyone got any experience with this? I have an 8600k and an Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming.

Any help much appreciated

Dom

OcUK Staff
When u say hard lock how far does it get in booting? Or is it just under stress tests??

I tried on gaming 7 and it's working fine. I think I have ultra gaming to also try and report back.

Set sa 1.2 and io 1.25 to help the imc.

Associate
OP
Try bumping the RAM voltage to 1.4v then do the XMP.
As soon as I turn xmp on it bumps it up to 1.4v.
Is the above being done with the cpu at stock?
Yeah it's done all at stock.
When u say hard lock how far does it get in booting? Or is it just under stress tests??

I tried on gaming 7 and it's working fine. I think I have ultra gaming to also try and report back.

Set sa 1.2 and io 1.25 to help the imc.
After I change it to xmp and get into windows and I open anything it'll just lock the system so I can't use it. After I turn xmp off it goes back, my system is fine.
excuse my ignorance but what is sa and io?
This is with the newest bios revision on the motherboard.

Associate
OP
Vccsa and Vccio voltages. I think this is bios issue. I will hopefully try this today.

Try no xmp just manually setting the memory up.

I tried the settings you suggested but when do, it doesn't boot into windows. It just goes straight into bios saying there is an error.

OcUK Staff
I am testing now but not on that board on the cheaper HD3 and it works totally fine. I also tried on Gaming 7 previously and working well.

Clear bios completely. Reseat the sticks and try doing all settings manually. Start at 3200mhz and work up see if lower frequencies are working fine. I have a feeling this is bios related.

Associate
OP
I am testing now but not on that board on the cheaper HD3 and it works totally fine. I also tried on Gaming 7 previously and working well.

Clear bios completely. Reseat the sticks and try doing all settings manually. Start at 3200mhz and work up see if lower frequencies are working fine. I have a feeling this is bios related.

I've done both of those things and it's still just going into bios saying there was an error. That was 3600mhz @ 1.35v. So far I have it running at 3000mhz at stock volts.
Once I have some games on it i'll run them.

Associate
OP
I flashed the bios and set xmp but it's just locking the system whenever i try and do open chrome or any other program.

Back
Top Bottom