Faulty TFT?

Associate
Hi All,

I have a problem that I will try to explain as clearly as possible.

A few months back I purchased a gorgeous ViewSonic VA2012w. Since day one it had 1 annoyance, whenever I'd turn my computer off, rather than the monitor change into standby mode (where the green light goes from green to amber), the green light would flick on and off occasionally and there would be a clicking sound (I THINK it might be coming from the speakers perhaps been turned on and off).

It's almost as if it's searching for a signal through either the VGA or DVI socket. Anyway the only way to stop this was to remember to turn off the monitor BEFORE the computer turned off, which I have been happily doing.

One thing I forgot, once this "fault" occurs the only way to stop it/correct it, is to turn the computer back on and unplug the monitor from the power for about 5 secs then plug it back in.

Until a day or two ago I was getting along quite well remembering to turn the monitor off before the computer switched off, but now it's all gone a bit Pete Tong.

This "fault" seems to occur whenever a signal isn't been transmitted to it for a split second. For example when I start up my computer and get to the Windows "loading" screen when it switches to the Welcome screen (where you click your name to log in) it now produces this fault. I can only assume that it's because of a resolution change when, for a split second, my video card isn't outputting a signal, because it has also done this when entering/exiting a game.

Is it definitely my monitor or do you think it could be my graphics card?

I have the monitor connected to my 9800Pro gfx card using vga (there is a DVI to VGA adapter on my gfx card).

Sorry for the long post, I hope that someone takes the tim eto read it and has any ideas.

Many thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom