Favourite Beer?

Soldato
I always mean to try that banana beer stuff people keep harping on about. I like to get a few ales in for the christmas period when the offers are on :)

<INSERT HOMER DROOLING PIC>

LOVE Wells' Banana Bread Beer.

I'd recommend people stay away from St Peter's Organic Ale (comes in a strange-shaped bottle, kind of elipsoid). It's absolutely vile.

Soldato
If you're getting a Munich beer, I highly recommend Schneider Weisse. Absolutely gorgeous.

That is lovely, especially direct from their Brauhaus in Munich. I was there in December.
I love loads of German beers really. Jever Pilsner possibly my favourite. Also Flensburger Pilsner. Sierra Nevada pale ale is a great one from California

Man of Honour
photo.jpg

Associate
That is lovely, especially direct from their Brauhaus in Munich. I was there in December.

We were there in July :) I've not been able to find the Schneider in England though :(. Closest I've come is Paulaner (in Tescos), which is another of the Munich breweries.

That and Erdinger are my current beers of choice. The Paulaner I've found to be slightly sweeter, and the Erdinger a bit more crisp.

Both lovely though :)

Soldato
If you're getting a Munich beer, I highly recommend Schneider Weisse. Absolutely gorgeous.

Hofbrau lagers are nice, but it's all about weissbier :D

Paulaner München Hell please :D I've we're talking Oktoberfest breweries. Last time I was at Oktoberfest, the time was spent in the Paulaner tent :D

I find that Trapist beers are nice tasting but don't agree with me (annoyingly).

There's plenty of beers and I would suggest trying one of each type.

The Welshies make a superb beer called Double Dragon. Absolutely stunning.

Not sure if you could call Innes & Gunn a scotts beer as it tastes more like vanilla cream soda.

UK beers such as Wychwood etc. If you like a hoppy beer there's one called Wainwright which is thrice hopped.

Guinness has really killed off many of the independent Irish brews but they have taken it to be their own.. a good Guinness is really good too.

So many beers :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom