Favourite cereal?

Soldato
Not the same thing

you're right with respect to apparent rice content in new weetaflakes , on the other hand they would have been mush in seconds though, if they were crushed weetabix,
that's the most annoying/ocd weetabix characteristic (I don't dunk biscuits)

I'll interrogate my folks who think they are a passable clone.

Soldato
Aldi Special K. It's a ringer for the old kelloggs original before they ruined it with the glazed coating. Turn in a banana custard or vanilla yogurt pot instead of milk, you got total bliss.

Man of Honour
I also used to like coco pops, but these have been destroyed, they now are tasteless.

One of my bigger disappointments recently after grabbing a packet having not had them in many years - whoever is responsible for that needs to be forced to eat them day and night constantly.

One of my favourites that I never get bored of is coco shreddies - my favourite probably is shredded wheat but I get bored of them after 2-3 times - but when I've not had them in awhile they are very satisfying with cold milk for some reason.

Soldato
Chocolate Shreddies are lovely.

Morrisons own brand coco pops aren't too bad, at least not at 80p a box anyway. I wouldn't pay the regular price for actual CoCo Pops, as mentioned they're just not what they used to be.

Man of Honour
as mentioned they're just not what they used to be.

As a kid often used to get the travel sized pack to eat while waiting for a train, plane, ferry or whatever when we went on holiday so it was a bit of nostalgia ruined.

I'm seriously not impressed by whoever is responsible - I Googled it afterward wondering if I'd somehow got a counterfeit or something and found Kelloggs trying to defend it on social media claiming they were improved/"more" premium and fooling no one hah.

EDIT: LOL "They claim that 85 per cent of the children who took part in a taste trial said that they loved it as much as the other ones." - BS did they - the new ones are vile in comparison.

On another note - reminds me of sugar puffs another one that I loved having occasionally but would get old fast - for some reason firm favourites with my grandparents so always had them there.

Last edited:
Soldato
Muesli of some variety generally FTW ( Dorset cereals or Jordans or some of the supermarket own premium brands).

Alpen is horrible though! Weirdly i used to eat it every day and didn't mind it. Probably just because it was the most recognisable brand. Then I tried a few other brands and released how inferior it was.

Permabanned
I find most cereals of my youth have been completely ruined over the years, especially anything chocolatey, Nesquick being the most prime of examples.

If anyone stills wants that similar sort of chocolate fix then Lidl sell an off brand Weeto's; Crownfields Choco Hoops. It's about as close as I've been able find to that original chocolate/sugar hit of 80/90s cereal.

I quite like Krave but unless I seem them on offer I refuse to buy them. Cheerios have been consistently adequate I think.

Generally speaking I don't buy it as much as I did, too dangerous. I use to skip proper meals and just polish boxes off with ease.

Associate
Normally Shreddies for me (or supermarket brand equivalent), partial to Swiss style Muesli as well.

But, also really like Honey Nut Clusters.

Can I have three favourites lol.

Back
Top Bottom